Register Now
Kane99

Can you still buy digital games on the Wii?

Can you still buy digital games on the Wii? I ask because I noticed that they still release some games on the Wii as well, even to this day. Stuff like Just Dance I think is what releases. Anyway, does the Wii still have access to their marketplace? Or has that since been closed down? 

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Considering the age of the Wii, I highly doubt that they have it since the Wii isn't even on the Nintendo website. The furthest they go back is WiiU and a few DS variants. It's too old of a system.

I can pretty much confirm as much because my cousin was complaining about the same thing a few months back...

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Considering the age of the Wii, I highly doubt that they have it since the Wii isn't even on the Nintendo website. The furthest they go back is WiiU and a few DS variants. It's too old of a system.

Yeah I had a feeling that was the case. I figured with new physical games still releasing for the console, that maybe there was a chance that the Wii still had service. But I suppose at this point, it'd be quite pointless. Still though, it's weird to see them still making games for it. Kind of reminds me of when they kept making PS2 games (mostly sports titles) when the PS3 was still out. Hell, I think they still had some games coming out near the PS4's release. But I may be wrong on that.