Register Now
Kane99

Makers of PS2 themed PS5 Cancelled Orders after "Credible Threats" (MOD EDITED)

Moderator Edit: A few days after the original posting of this topic, the company involved with the Limited Edition console cancelled all orders due to cliams of threats against the safety of thier employees, making the original context of the thread redundant through no fault of @Kane99. Because of this, I have moved the thread to a different sub-forum and changed the title so the conversation can continue in the vain of the way the story has developed and changed. I hope you will join with me in thanking @Kane99 for the original posting and continue to discuss the story here in the appropriate tone.

A new PS2 themed PS5 is coming out January 8th. To me, it doesn't look that much like a PS2. The colors seem off to me, and don't quite match up. Either way, it's a sexy looking console. Are you going to purchase it?

Read more here - TechRadar

dcTLjELtZRn5mwUZzGekKQ-1024-80.jpg.webp

Edited by Shagger

If it's not an official PS5 and not a Sony product, they could be in some deep shit for copyright infringement. It's almost an exact replica, AND I think I'm seeing the PS logo at the bottom of the system. Now, if it has been presented to Sony, and they're releasing pictures to gauge gamers opinions, that's another thing entirely.

Why can't the world have anything nice due to somebody's stupidity? 

This new PS2 themed PS5 sold out almost immediately of course, but mere hours later the company behind it cancelled all the orders and are not proceeding with project due to "credible threats" to their safety. Beit disgruntled customers who missed our whoever it was, this is now not happening. I am so sick of idiots who seems to bulling and threatening people is an acceptable way to behave. An article from tech radar.

Edited by Shagger

5 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Oh well, sorry for ruining your party guys

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/the-ps2-themed-black-ps5-has-now-officially-sold-out-but-more-could-be-on-the-way

Click on the link btw, the inside of the blog is way different that what you could read in the link.

I addressed the latest issues with PS2 themed PS5 in the previous post and quoted from the same article.

2 minutes ago, Patrik said:

I didn't pay attention to that, sorry!

No problem. Note that the word processing tools on this forum include a hyperlink tool that allows you to create a text overly for links in your posts. It sits in between the underline and quote tools.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:49 PM, Shagger said:

Why can't the world have anything nice due to somebody's stupidity? 

This new PS2 themed PS5 sold out almost immediately of course, but mere hours later the company behi d cancelled all the orders and are not proceeding with project due to "credible threats" to their safety. Beit disgruntled customers who missed our whoever it was, this is now not happening. I am so sick of idiots who seems to bulling and threatening people is an acceptable way to behave. An article from tech radar.

As we've discussed in other threads, there's a toxic section of the gaming community that needs to be exiled because they act like absolute retards when they can't get what they want. We need some sort of system in place to deal with issues like this in the future so that the culprits can be exposed and an example made of them.