Register Now
Kane99

What do you think the next Xbox will be called?

With how dumb the names have been for Xbox consoles, it got me thinking, how dumb of a name do you think the next Xbox will get? Maybe it's Xbox Two? Maybe Xbox Super Series. Xbox 360 2. lol Idk, I can't think of what they could go with next. What do you guys think? 

They will call it the Xbox Please Come Back Gamers We Promise To Use Logical Names Next TIme. Or simply the Xbox PCBGWPTULNNT. It's nick name will be the Xbox Flop or for short, the Xflop. Possibly even the Xbox 12, since that's how many words there are. And since Xbox doesn't care about any logic in naming their systems, I wouldn't put it past them.

Hey at least it would be unique enough to be unmistakable.

I don't think they will make another Xbox I think Microsoft ultimate goal is to build gamepass into something huge to the point you'll just be playing on your smart tv or original xbox emulator whatever they'll make more money off software and don't make much off hardware.

2 hours ago, kane52 said:

I don't think they will make another Xbox I think Microsoft ultimate goal is to build gamepass into something huge to the point you'll just be playing on your smart tv or original xbox emulator whatever they'll make more money off software and don't make much off hardware.

Yeah I think that could be a very realistic future for them. They wouldn't need to make suped up consoles when they could possibly use streaming down the road as well. We all know streaming will eventually become the norm, as I hate the idea of it, it feels kind of inevitable. 

But it still will be a while before streaming is possible all around the world. It's one thing to stream movies, and tv, but to stream a video game is a whole other story. Anyway, with a mix of gamepass and streaming. Eventually digital will take over leaving out physical and then streaming later on. 

Whatever they choose, I'm sure they will try to stick with the weird S and X names which will once again, create more problems for people. Seen a few too many posts on Reddit of people accidently getting gifted the Xbox One X and not the Series X

I think Microsoft will now start calling their new Xbox consoles after letters. Now that they have released the Series X|S, they'll probably move onto other letters as well. There will probably be a Z at some point perhaps.

9 hours ago, Zesty said:

I think Microsoft will now start calling their new Xbox consoles after letters. Now that they have released the Series X|S, they'll probably move onto other letters as well. There will probably be a Z at some point perhaps.

Idk I kinda doubt that. I have a feeling they will instead title it something else. I don't see them calling it Xbox Series T or E or something random like that. But I could be wrong. Their name choices have really been lacking over the years. 

2 hours ago, DylanC said:

Xbox Infinity was bandied about a while ago, but I don't think they'll use it. MS's naming conventions have always been a little off-kilter. 

Eh I don't like it. Sounds cheesy! I kinda hope they just go with Xbox and call it a version or something. Stick to just Xbox and call it version type A or something. I'm not a fan of the Series X or S names. 

Microsoft screwed the pooch when they called the 2nd console the XBox 360, just because their competitor would be the PlayStation 3 so they didn't want to use 2 and It's only gotten worse ever since.  I like Sony's approach, started with PlayStation since it's a station where you play things, then they follow it up with numbered follow ups.  Simple, logical and to the point.