Register Now
killamch89

What happened to Beats by Dre

I own a pair of beats headphones still 🙂 it's broken though but I do remember them. Never thought I would be ever interested in hearing headphones history, but I was completely engrossed, lol - Well that's that then. 

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I own a pair of beats headphones still 🙂 it's broken though but I do remember them. Never thought I would be ever interested in hearing headphones history, but I was completely engrossed, lol - Well that's that then. 

I also had a pair of wireless ones which are also broken currently but I used to love listening to them on very long trips. I remember my mother getting them for my birthday present (at the time I lived in a different city but came home to visit). The sound quality at the time was pretty amazing, I cannot lie.

Beats were always more about being designer headphones, more about style. I haven't owned any myself, but from what I hear, they're a tad bit over-rated, or more so, over-priced. I prefer something from sennheiser, but could do without their extremely long chords. I hear Beats have good bass and sound quality, but there are supposedly alternatives that are much cheaper and have same or better sound quality. I was never a fan of designer headphones, as they promoted a brand/style over the actual usage. Which is also why I don't like skullcandy or other designer brands. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Raycon makes the best earbuds money can buy. They also make headphones if that's your thing. I have 5 pairs, just because I wanted different colors. They have a limited edition color right now that I want, but money is kinda cockblocking me.

Sadly I have to disagree. I got myself a pair a while back, and the audio is passable at best imo. I blame it on all the YouTubers who got me all interested in checking them out. I should have watched a few reviews first (ones not promoted by someone), because if I did, I would have saved myself some money and went for a cheaper pair from Amazon or something, or searched for a better alternative. I hear you can even get a pair of wired earbuds for like $15-$20 that have better or equal sound quality to them.

I do like their design, case, long battery life, how they fit in my ears, they don't fall out, and other features, but for $80 (less if you do a promo code, usually 15% off) it's not really worth it. If I had to charge for these earbuds, I don't think I'd pay more than $40 for them, maybe $50 tops. And even then I think it'd be a bit too much considering what all else is on the market. I hear their higher priced earbuds and heaphones suffer from the same problems as well. 😞 

I'm on the lookout for a new pair of wireless earbuds, but I am leaning more towards getting a pair of wired headphones instead, as bluetooth takes away from the quality of music, and I figure for music, I want to go wired at least. I can probably use my raycons if I want to watch YouTube or listen on to a meeting or something. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Beats were always more about being designer headphones, more about style. I haven't owned any myself, but from what I hear, they're a tad bit over-rated, or more so, over-priced. I prefer something from sennheiser, but could do without their extremely long chords. I hear Beats have good bass and sound quality, but there are supposedly alternatives that are much cheaper and have same or better sound quality. I was never a fan of designer headphones, as they promoted a brand/style over the actual usage. Which is also why I don't like skullcandy or other designer brands. 

Sadly I have to disagree. I got myself a pair a while back, and the audio is passable at best imo. I blame it on all the YouTubers who got me all interested in checking them out. I should have watched a few reviews first (ones not promoted by someone), because if I did, I would have saved myself some money and went for a cheaper pair from Amazon or something, or searched for a better alternative. I hear you can even get a pair of wired earbuds for like $15-$20 that have better or equal sound quality to them.

I do like their design, case, long battery life, how they fit in my ears, they don't fall out, and other features, but for $80 (less if you do a promo code, usually 15% off) it's not really worth it. If I had to charge for these earbuds, I don't think I'd pay more than $40 for them, maybe $50 tops. And even then I think it'd be a bit too much considering what all else is on the market. I hear their higher priced earbuds and heaphones suffer from the same problems as well. 😞 

I'm on the lookout for a new pair of wireless earbuds, but I am leaning more towards getting a pair of wired headphones instead, as bluetooth takes away from the quality of music, and I figure for music, I want to go wired at least. I can probably use my raycons if I want to watch YouTube or listen on to a meeting or something. 

I have a pair of Galaxy Buds Plus and honestly, they have been going strong for the past year. Absolutely no issues and the audio is great along with good battery life. However, my mom pre-ordered a Galaxy 21 Ultra but she doesn't want the Buds pro so I asked her for it. I can't wait to check them out once she gets the phone.

On 2/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, SAKE said:

I remember having a dr.dre headphone and i feel so cool when i use it lol

I swear some people used to act like the people in Beats headphones commercials and walk like a bunch of weirdos and doing a lot of extra stuff. Like was that even necessary? 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, Empire said:

I actually never liked it then but my parents enjoyed it. It ended up in my siblings hands who destroyed it out of annoyance. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I actually never liked it then but my parents enjoyed it. It ended up in my siblings hands who destroyed it out of annoyance. 

Then why gave them to your siblings LOL who's idea to do that, unless one way to get rid of them. 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:12 AM, Empire said:

Then why gave them to your siblings LOL who's idea to do that, unless one way to get rid of them. 

Haha, I'm sure that in one way or another, it's definitely going binned and my siblings shoved it in the garbage bin 😂