Register Now
Kane99

Will Facebook ever make a game?

On 1/14/2021 at 9:32 PM, Empire said:

That be a dream come true with those that loves VR 😛 but I say that 80% people play none related games anyway. I love to have a  VR headset however for a good headset you need to pay $500 and the cheap option doesn't even offer that. 

I love VR but I wont like facebook controlling such game or the world. That would be bad like being manipulated type of the world. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I love VR but I wont like facebook controlling such game or the world. That would be bad like being manipulated type of the world. 

If I had VR, and I don't 😞 I would not even do games off from Facebook 😛 Rather do a real game 🙂 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:29 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It is a requirement to have a facebook account and login with it to use Oculus. 

Seriously? That's kind of dumb. 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, Syntax said:

I don't think they will, they are still trying to grow out their gaming platform first to compete with Twitch. If anything, they may buy a publisher but I still think that would take a look on convincing to do to Mark Zuck.

They could easily toss money at a few studios. They could buy up a publisher and go that route too. But I imagine they have something set up on their end. 

Imagine as game studios get more involved with social platforms we will have to subscribe to them just to get those exclusive games. Just like today we have different places to watch shows that you have to pay a subscription for only those shows, then pay somewhere else to watch other shows and so on; just like Netflix and Amazon. I miss out on a bunch of shows because I don't have those other subscriptions. So facebook/Oculus will probably have their own games and subscription. Amazon, Google, and so on and so on. I hope it doesn't get to that. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Seriously? That's kind of dumb. 

They could easily toss money at a few studios. They could buy up a publisher and go that route too. But I imagine they have something set up on their end. 

I am sure they have some contract after the purchase of mixer with microsoft. so I am guessing they have some studios in hand for development. 

Hmm, I heard about the live streaming gaming platform developed by facebook owner zuckerberg. I hope it develops speedily to drag worldwide views and recommendations. I heard many criticising such development, but I don't think anything wrong with is idea. I'm a game lover, and I'm planning to get the Facebook live streaming gaming app, to get a taste of what it's all about.