Register Now
The Blackangel

War at the capitol

5 hours ago, mont86 said:

What is the number 1 thing you would change about the republican party if you could ?

It would no longer exist. There are more than enough terrorists in the world to worry about, we don't need them here domestically.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 hours ago, mont86 said:

What is the number 1 thing you would change about the republican party if you could ?

There is no one thing that could help the republican party except to split and form a new one. And in that new party they need to condemn racism first and foremost. But of course they would just lie and say they condemn it. I mean prove it through policy proposals, changing their gerrymandering lines, and putting up diverse people as their electorates. Then reform the police with diversity in their neighborhoods throughout republican strongholds. They would need to stop attacking and suppressing voting rights.  They should consider banning the electoral college. They need to condemn confederacy in every way. 

To continue along as a republican party at this point is the prelude to a civil war. Plain and simple. And that is exactly what they want so they will never split. The party is a complete lost cause infiltrated by terrorists, sympathizers, russian sympathizers, nazis, klan, confederates, QANON, boogaloo, and the philosophy of fascism. Republicans that actually still care about this country now have a reckoning to go independent, become democrat, or as stated start a new one. 

But of course they won't. When the blind lead the blind, they go nowhere. And when the stupid lead the stupid, they don't want to go anywhere progressive. We won't see any change from the republiKlans. Not in our lifetime anyway. If they want to help not only our country, but the world, they will abandon the republiKlan party.

5.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

But of course they won't. When the blind lead the blind, they go nowhere. And when the stupid lead the stupid, they don't want to go anywhere progressive. We won't see any change from the republiKlans. Not in our lifetime anyway. If they want to help not only our country, but the world, they will abandon the republiKlan party.

If we hold their leaders accountable for spreading threatening conspiracy, inciting violence, racist rhetoric, police abuse, etc. then may have no choice but to cut back on the hate. The FBI a couple years ago made it illegal to promote conspiracies that can bring violence. Where has that law ever been followed??? There are congressman being investigated for their involvement in the capital attack. I demand a thorough investigation and justice, not an appeal to resign like we see over and over from cops to politicians. Same goes for their media too. Free speech ends when you use a Russian born conspiracy, spread it on the news like Pizzagate, and incite a terrorist shooting. Free speech ends when you try to overthrow democracy and denounce an election after the supreme court has repeatedly rejected false claims without evidence. 

Republicans will stay on this path and try another coup, probably for the remainder of their existence until they reach a full blown dictatorship. We seriously need to pass laws where a president can't pardon so many people or even himself; president can't hire and fire so many government positions; have no part in who becomes attorney general; need to reveal all taxes; have no conflicts of interest; those are just some I can think off the top of my head that needs to be changed right away. And no more life terms in office. Everything needs to be voted in by the people every few years. If there is one thing the trump administration has showed us is all the flaws in our democracy. Even though democracy prevailed, we can't let those parasites continue to eat away at it. 

3 days till freedom from this fascist insurrection

One of the rare threads I've seen that mirrored my exact feeling when it comes to the events around the Capitol. A divisive leader like the thankfully ex-president could only ever lead to this. It looks like the civil war has been avoided, though... at least for now. And Biden can't do worse than him; the bar is pretty low, after all. Let's just hope it won't devolve into violence...

On 1/19/2021 at 4:11 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm staying home and keeping my AR-15 handy. The repukeliKlans here are getting fucking nuts, and looking for any excuse to be their natural psychotic selves. If I have to kill, I will.

...remember they may have AR-15s too. 😒

One of the repercussions of the republican coup is the fall of Myanmar to military rule just recently. The military spewed the same lies of election fraud and wanted a redo from this past Nov. So the military just took over. Trumpocracy became koolaid for coups around the world. It is the playbook now. So we can expect more of this. They feel emboldened now that the USA is a 'shithole' country. Claims of election fraud is the gold standard now.