Register Now
StaceyPowers

Killed in a cutscene

16 hours ago, Patrik said:

In GTA, there are are lot of trainers that gives you the ability to move during cutscenes, but when you die, it won't be considered until the cutscene ends, still pretty fun to troll during cutscenes tho xD

Can be funny though, death cutscenes in GTAIV is far better than GTAV since it's longer and in slow mode and also back and white effect. Can make funny and weird death scenes 🙂  One time I die and was going up in the sky rather then down. almost over 10,000 feet 😛 

Dead character cutscene and then see a  player running you over his bike over and over. 10secs later you are alive.  

I can't say I remember being killed many times in any cutscenes. I think maybe the closest I can think, is when I get attacked in mid conversation, like in Fallout 4 or Cyberpunk 2077. 

Also, this has nothing to do with the topic, but it got me thinking about Assassin's Creed and how when you assassinate a main target, it shows a cutscene of you killing that person and speaking to them. Which always kind of took me out of the game, because sometimes when you do an assassination, you're surrounded by other enemies, and it just stops it all. idk, weird thing to bring up, but it reminded me of that lol. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think maybe the closest I can think, is when I get attacked in mid conversation, like in Fallout 4 or Cyberpunk 2077. 

Yeah, and then when you finish killing all the bad guys and try to re-start the conversation, it starts back at the beginning and you have to click your way through all the dialogue you've already heard. Happened to me during Danse's loyalty mission in Fallout 4. That was one long conversation that those raiders interrupted, and it 100% killed the tense atmosphere.

This happened to me in Dark Souls before where a boss appeared and I started fighting them and then a cutscene was happening and all the while my character was talking to some npc, my character was just getting whacked and then when it ended, I'm dead. I was kind of pissed but I also found it absolutely hilarious at the same time.

I think this also happens in Killzone, and a think Battlefield 2/3? I can't remember what happens next, but it def. was planned into the story.

For ones that aren't, I've had this happen in GTA V a few times (get the "KILLED" message during the cutscene), and also in Red Dead (damn random bear came and killed me in the middle of dialogue) 

On 1/9/2021 at 8:27 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I ran through a whole mission in Mass Effect II last night only for it to kill me in a cutscene with no warning because I didn’t kill all the geth, and I was furious. Who else hates being killed in a cutscene?

It's happened to me once and I never liked it because the death isn't supposed to be that quick to begin with. It's why whenever I'm in cutscene, I play with caution.