Register Now
StaceyPowers

What open world game do you have the most playthroughs on?

18 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

For me it is Fallout NV

Ah nice--,

18 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

because it breaks on me a lot, forcing short playthroughs.

Oh bollocks. I guess now's not the time to fanboi about it.

So besides Fallout: New Vegas I'd say The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. While I have virtually no time at all clocked on PC, I have spent considerable amounts of time with it since its Xbox 360 release as I was enraptured by its art style, setting, plot, stories and of course some of the finest examples of how to do DLC from the Thieves' Den all the way to the Shivering Isles. It is and always will be one of the greatest RPG experiences I've ever had.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, Withywarlock said:

Oh bollocks. I guess now's not the time to fanboi about it.

So besides Fallout: New Vegas I'd say The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

On the contrary. You can fanboi all day long about New Vegas around me. Even with game-breaking bugs, I adore it. I wouldn't keep playing it over and over while it breaks if I didn't.

I'm on my first playthrough of Oblivion 🙂

19 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

What do you think of Need for Speed: Heat? I've never played the games myself but I'm wondering if it's any better than the Mixed reviews I saw on Steam at launch, as I could do with a new open world driving game. ^^

It's a great game! At least in my opinion, it's almost as good as NFS Most Wanted (the original one) and I can't say I've ever got tired of it. The only real caveat I've had with it is where these scripts kick in that try as you might, the game will mess you up but that seems to be in most EA games especially in recent years.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, Withywarlock said:

What do you think of Need for Speed: Heat? I've never played the games myself but I'm wondering if it's any better than the Mixed reviews I saw on Steam at launch, as I could do with a new open world driving game. ^^

NFS Heat would be an OK game if not for the awful way it handles cops. They are indestructible and have infinite catchup. Which means the only way to loose them is by going on designated "cop loosing jumps" on the map. Which I found extremely lame. You can't just outrun them by skill.  I swiftly uninstalled the game when I found this out.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:22 PM, killamch89 said:

It's a great game! At least in my opinion, it's almost as good as NFS Most Wanted (the original one) and I can't say I've ever got tired of it. The only real caveat I've had with it is where these scripts kick in that try as you might, the game will mess you up but that seems to be in most EA games especially in recent years.

That's a high praise if you call it as good as Most Wanted, does it have a multiplayer as well?