Register Now
Steerminator

RANT: Do you have friends that get WAY too upset about the difficulty they're having with a game?

On 7/18/2021 at 1:49 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@Steerminator Out of curiosity, does your friend also react this way to people when she is frustrated with them? I.e. they go from being okay in her eyes one second to being totally wrong and awful the next?

Uhhh, I'm not really sure I'd categorize her precisely that way.  That just sounds like a whole lot of dumb people in general to me.

Exactly what happens with me. I too have one friend who has anxiety disorder. He gets frustrated too often. Specially when playing MMO games, and he can't win the game or the games doesn't go as he wants it to be, he gets frustrated. 

He starts using abusive words, and we laugh at him for such silly reaction. 😁😆

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Exactly what happens with me. I too have one friend who has anxiety disorder. He gets frustrated too often. Specially when playing MMO games, and he can't win the game or the games doesn't go as he wants it to be, he gets frustrated. 

He starts using abusive words, and we laugh at him for such silly reaction. 😁😆

Seriously, anxiety disorder isn't something to joke about because it can get critical sometimes should the person get panic attacks. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, anxiety disorder isn't something to joke about because it can get critical sometimes should the person get panic attacks. 

Yes, I do know the seriousness. But in such a case when someone gets anxiety attack, the best way to calm down is by reducing the seriousness and making the situation light by cracking some jokes. That's how I deal with my friend, and it works.

Just now, Razor1911 said:

Yes, I do know the seriousness. But in such a case when someone gets anxiety attack, the best way to calm down is by reducing the seriousness and making the situation light by cracking some jokes. That's how I deal with my friend, and it works.

It's a good thing that you can actually find a good way to handle your friend because if not it may get out of hand ; as I have seen where one who had panic attacks slumped and passed out. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

It's a good thing that you can actually find a good way to handle your friend because if not it may get out of hand ; as I have seen where one who had panic attacks slumped and passed out. 

What? Can it be that serious? Getting passed out for such anxiety attack. That must have been a very high level of anxiety then.

I personally think that we should play games to relax our minds, not to take an additional stress. That would really make us frustrated, and one having such anxiety disorder will suffer the most.

Just now, Razor1911 said:

What? Can it be that serious? Getting passed out for such anxiety attack. That must have been a very high level of anxiety then.

I personally think that we should play games to relax our minds, not to take an additional stress. That would really make us frustrated, and one having such anxiety disorder will suffer the most.

Exactly, it's actually something that I feel as well but sometimes people do take some things and their feelings out of context and blow it out of proportion. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's actually something that I feel as well but sometimes people do take some things and their feelings out of context and blow it out of proportion. 

People should figure it out when they are really getting out of mind. It's not easy, I know. But the only way to help those victims is by taking proper action in proper time.

If they are getting anxiety attack too often for playing games, they should rather skip playing, and find something which can help to calm down their minds like mediation.

12 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

People should figure it out when they are really getting out of mind. It's not easy, I know. But the only way to help those victims is by taking proper action in proper time.

If they are getting anxiety attack too often for playing games, they should rather skip playing, and find something which can help to calm down their minds like mediation.

Exactly, it's something that I have suggested to one of my friends who's suffering from such attack, it's better to stay away from anything that triggers the attack. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's something that I have suggested to one of my friends who's suffering from such attack, it's better to stay away from anything that triggers the attack. 

And even if they insist on playing, let them play in the most easiest of difficulty level. Playing it that way, will be easy for them to complete missions. Thus, they can avoid getting frustrated too often.

43 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

And even if they insist on playing, let them play in the most easiest of difficulty level. Playing it that way, will be easy for them to complete missions. Thus, they can avoid getting frustrated too often.

The stubborn ones don't really agree to play on easy level and it's very annoying when they can't deal with it pressure and still can't stop putting themselves in such situations. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The stubborn ones don't really agree to play on easy level and it's very annoying when they can't deal with it pressure and still can't stop putting themselves in such situations. 

Lol. In such a case it's better to let them finish their game the way they want. Being stubborn, as well as having anxiety disorder is a deadly combo. Better to treat them from a good doctor/psychiatrist.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol. In such a case it's better to let them finish their game the way they want. Being stubborn, as well as having anxiety disorder is a deadly combo. Better to treat them from a good doctor/psychiatrist.

In most cases, it's better for my own sanity to stay away within the room whenever they are playing because it's too frustrating watching them.