Register Now
Kane99

Did Google Glass have options for gaming?

Remember the Google Glass? It was a wearable tech item you could use as glasses, and you could navigate the web, make calls, and do other stuff. Sadly, Google stopped production and moved on from it years ago. In that time it was around for though, do you guys remember if we got any games for it? Were any good? 

I'm going to suspect it didn't have any games, or if it did, it didn't have a lot. Anyway, did anyone here own a pair of the Google Glasses? Did they work well? 

Do you think Google will ever release a new pair?

I remember seeing them when I was in school, but I don't think so. When I talked to someone who owned them, it mostly was for GPS, taking photos, and tracking specific things or getting alerts from your phone to your glasses.

I think that having glasses that also play games might be an issue since people would try to wear them when driving, or doing other things that they shouldn't.

I think the product was pure data collection unit. And such products are more serving the company than the consumer. a lot of places where people go with the glass tends to make things a bit hive for data collection. not something I'd see trust worthy especially if it's from the facebook and google. 

On 1/14/2021 at 3:11 AM, skyfire said:

I think the product was pure data collection unit. And such products are more serving the company than the consumer. a lot of places where people go with the glass tends to make things a bit hive for data collection. not something I'd see trust worthy especially if it's from the facebook and google. 

Have to agree here - they made no legitimate attempt at releasing a functional product. They even acquired a company with a working, fully functional version and haven't done anything with it at ALL! As a matter of fact, Google discontinued the product ( I can't quite remember the name of the company so you'll have to check it out).

On 1/26/2021 at 8:18 AM, killamch89 said:

Have to agree here - they made no legitimate attempt at releasing a functional product. They even acquired a company with a working, fully functional version and haven't done anything with it at ALL! As a matter of fact, Google discontinued the product ( I can't quite remember the name of the company so you'll have to check it out).

Yeah they didn't even bother following up the product updates. this is one reason I don't trust the google for any innovation. they are not worth trusting your business over. 

On 1/11/2021 at 9:09 PM, Kane99 said:

Remember the Google Glass? It was a wearable tech item you could use as glasses, and you could navigate the web, make calls, and do other stuff. Sadly, Google stopped production and moved on from it years ago. In that time it was around for though, do you guys remember if we got any games for it? Were any good? 

I'm going to suspect it didn't have any games, or if it did, it didn't have a lot. Anyway, did anyone here own a pair of the Google Glasses? Did they work well? 

Do you think Google will ever release a new pair?

Yes, I remember that old piece of tech and I don't think they had any video games or if they did, I never got to know because I didn't use mine for too long. It should be just about 3 months that I used it and dumped it. 

I know about the Google glass, but as for the games feature, I don't think it was viable. If not, it could've been announced if google added game feature to it. To be frank, it wouldn't make Sense for video games, since you're putting on the glass on your forehead to cover your eyes. How possible will the user manage his or her games via Google glass device? 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know about the Google glass, but as for the games feature, I don't think it was viable. If not, it could've been announced if google added game feature to it. To be frank, it wouldn't make Sense for video games, since you're putting on the glass on your forehead to cover your eyes. How possible will the user manage his or her games via Google glass device? 

It was only live video streaming with the Google Glass that I enjoyed most of the tech. They had something like that incorporated with their Google Meet application. 

Not really, then gain seen many use it for text notifications. Phone calls whilst driving, pix and video while on the go. Why they didn't continue their consumer product god only knows (and as god doesn't exist that means no one knows)

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It was only live video streaming with the Google Glass that I enjoyed most of the tech. They had something like that incorporated with their Google Meet application. 

I didn't get you well, are you talking about streaming live video coverages via Google Glass via platforms like, YouTube, Twitch? Or it has its own separate live streaming platform?

On 6/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, Justin11 said:

I didn't get you well, are you talking about streaming live video coverages via Google Glass via platforms like, YouTube, Twitch? Or it has its own separate live streaming platform?

This is what I'm talking about in live video streaming with the Google Glass. 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

This is what I'm talking about in live video streaming with the Google Glass. 

I've seen it all, it features live streaming, it is there for anyone to see. The device is just super cool for live streaming just as we use our mobile device or PC for streaming.