Register Now
killamch89

CDPR under investigation by Polish authorities for Cyberpunk 2077 botched launch

It's a new year everyone and with it comes a brand new Cyberpunk controversy. As of late, things have started to settle a bit but here comes the Polish authorities to crank up the heat. The customer protection agency has stepped in and is looking into the matter as well as asking CDPR for an explanation surrounding the events of the launch. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the latest development. Do you think anything will come out of this?

On 1/13/2021 at 4:38 PM, Kane99 said:

More news to share on CDPR. They responded about the problematic launch of Cyberpunk 2077. Here is that video. What do you guys think? Did you like their response? 

At least he takes responsibility and says not to blame the team. I'm not planning on playing my game till they have a couple more updates. Seriously, what would people do without internet to update this mess? I recently was without internet for a year cause some huge trees that got overgrown were blocking any satellite reception. So they should think about old Joe in a shack with no internet and a buggy game rushed to release. Maybe this is a sign of Covid interfering with business. But as mentioned before, this game had plenty of time from when it was first announced. So there isn't any excuse. It was obvious that it was released as the ps5 was released and being around a holiday. It's obvious Franky boy!

I made a response to their non-apology here, the only excuse they really have being that Covid-19 has screwed up development. Even so, it's not so hard to imagine that Cyberpunk's issues were happening long before the epidemic.

At the end of the day this gentleman isn't going to suffer the same (if any) consequences that the staff we're told not to blame will. And I don't blame the grunts who chose to stay overtime after having their arm twisted behind their back by not getting shitcanned to see their 9-year passion product being delivered. I blame Mr. Iwiński, and nobody else besides those above him.

I really have no problem with any of this. CDPR are a good developer and publisher, they really are, but they have let the Sainthood gamers grant them go to their head then pushed their luck too far. I just hope this leads to a new realization among gamers that no company is worthy of blind trust. They want all of your money with no care if you die tomorrow. That goes for all of them

On 1/17/2021 at 6:02 AM, Withywarlock said:

I made a response to their non-apology here, the only excuse they really have being that Covid-19 has screwed up development. Even so, it's not so hard to imagine that Cyberpunk's issues were happening long before the epidemic.

At the end of the day this gentleman isn't going to suffer the same (if any) consequences that the staff we're told not to blame will. And I don't blame the grunts who chose to stay overtime after having their arm twisted behind their back by not getting shitcanned to see their 9-year passion product being delivered. I blame Mr. Iwiński, and nobody else besides those above him.

The thing is, the developers were telling the upper management that they'd need at least two more years to polish the game for all platforms but their leaders got really greedy. They had a good thing going and absolutely screwed it up.

20 hours ago, Shagger said:

I really have no problem with any of this. CDPR are a good developer and publisher, they really are, but they have let the Sainthood gamers grant them go to their head then pushed their luck too far. I just hope this leads to a new realization among gamers that no company is worthy of blind trust. They want all of your money with no care if you die tomorrow. That goes for all of them

I accepted that reality a long time ago and that's why I never pre-order games because almost every game released nowadays is unfinished on their debut which makes no sense.