Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Assassin's Creed Tribute

On 1/19/2021 at 4:32 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I just came across Freedom Cry DLC for Black Flag. Has anyone played it? 

I have, and reviewed it for Downloadable Discontent. I thought it was OK, and the progenitor for the later Origins-style of games with how different some gameplay elements are. I suppose it'll do in a jiffy if you need me ACIV:BF. ^^

Edited by Withywarlock

6 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I have, and reviewed it for Downloadable Discontent. I thought it was OK, and the progenitor for the later Origins-style of games with how different some gameplay elements are. I suppose it'll do in a jiffy if you need me ACIV:BF. ^^

Nice review! Although you should of had a bottle of booze, and should I say it? Yes, a parrot. LOL. I love the machete he uses! Brings a more raw hatred rather than an elegant sword. Much of the environment looks the same, but seems worth playing. Cool he gets a ship, cause in Black Flag I remember a scene where Kenway and Adewale both captured the ship and it was up for debate who is captain and they agreed the pirates wouldn't follow a black captain. But now he is one. I still have a little ways to go in Black Flag, then I'll get this DLC. It's $10 right now. Hopefully when I'm ready it will be $0. Or I will take it! Arrr

I can see how people liked the older AC games better than the newer ones. While playing AC2, I found it to have a lot more sneaking around and being weaponless, at first, and being 'wanted'. You have to hide in crowds, travel on rooftops more, and the cityscape with all the alleyways, you have to watch every corner and be really sneaky. I think the best environment for Assassins Creed is Italy. It's the architecture, colors, vibe, culture, and everything else that really brings out your inner assassin. A great game. Don't know why nobody ever recommends it. I sure do! And I'm only in Florence; still got Rome to venture into and Venice. I'm lovin this stuff. And so far I like the story. 

21 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

In the beginning I was thinking that was filmed here, because the building in the screen before you click it to play, looks exactly like one that's on campus. I couldn't figure out why the hell they would film something like that here. I'm glad to see it was filmed in Paris. Or Europe at least.

Edited by The Blackangel

I've kind of lost interest in recent years. I think playing AC back to back, year after year did it for me. Last AC game I did play, I think was Syndicate. I think I bought origins or one of the other recent ones, but I've yet to actually play it. There's just so many games I have to play right now lol 

My favorites would probably be 2 and Brotherhood. The Ezio trilogy is probably my fave, even though I didn't play revelations all the way through. I think by the time I got revelations, Black Flag was already out and I already played 3 and that one. Going back was a bit tough. I was even considering going back to the first game, which I tried for a while, but I wasn't feeling it, I also hear it's the worst of the bunch, as you essentially the same stuff over and over again. That's why 2 is regarded by many as the better start if that makes sense. 

But yeah, I love the series, but have fallen off in recent years. 

57 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

In the beginning I was thinking that was filmed here, because the building in the screen before you click it to play, looks exactly like one that's on campus. I couldn't figure out why the hell they would film something like that here. I'm glad to see it was filmed in Paris. Or Europe at least.

That's funny; Notre Dame Cathedral has similar architecture throughout the world to honor it. I've been there before and beneath it are Roman ruins. Much of the stone work to make the cathedral is taken from those ruins. You can actually go underneath to see it all. And Paris itself is built over a massive network of catacombs. I wonder if AC Unity has many quests down in the Paris underworld. 

I thought at first the video would be cheesy, but they actually did a great job on it.  

30 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I've kind of lost interest in recent years. I think playing AC back to back, year after year did it for me. Last AC game I did play, I think was Syndicate. I think I bought origins or one of the other recent ones, but I've yet to actually play it. There's just so many games I have to play right now lol 

My favorites would probably be 2 and Brotherhood. The Ezio trilogy is probably my fave, even though I didn't play revelations all the way through. I think by the time I got revelations, Black Flag was already out and I already played 3 and that one. Going back was a bit tough. I was even considering going back to the first game, which I tried for a while, but I wasn't feeling it, I also hear it's the worst of the bunch, as you essentially the same stuff over and over again. That's why 2 is regarded by many as the better start if that makes sense. 

But yeah, I love the series, but have fallen off in recent years. 

I just bought Syndicate yesterday. I got the limited ed. but forgot all the DLC are already expired. I really want to play the Jack the Ripper DLC. Did you try that DLC? Supposed to be pretty good. I plan on buying the whole AC series. Maybe even the first one. But it seems like that one is a lost orphaned child of the series. I've been playing AC2 and to me is a good starting point. Very good game so far. 

Assassin's Creed Chronicles of China is free from Ubisoft for the PC for the Chinese Lunar New Year. I haven't played any of the Chronicles games which are in 2D and I don't game on PC. But thought I'd share if you like 2D games. I'll definitely get it if it's free on the ps4.

I now have 6 AC games I've been playing. Sounds funny, I know. Why not just finish one of them first and move to the next, right? Well, they all are big games and I really enjoy them. Also, I just became obsessed with the series. I'm just gonna take my sweet time with all of them. Play whichever I feel like playing, go enjoy scenery from one game to the next. I love this S%%T. 

Well, the games I have now are: (recently got Valhalla!!!)

The Ezio Collection

Black Flag

Syndicate

Origins

Odyssey

Valhalla

I just started on Syndicate and Valhalla and a few weeks ago AC 2. All I can say is that all 6 games I have are awesome. So this is just an update of where my head is at. I eventually will have the whole series. But I can wait on AC3 since it's part of the Ezio Collection story which is 3 games itself. 

Just bought my first DLC's I've ever bought for any game. I got Freedom Cry for Black Flag and Curse of the Pharaohs/The Hidden Ones for Origins. I'm excited because I sure would love anything that extends these great games. 

The DLC's I really want now are the ones for Odyssey and Jack the Ripper for Syndicate. Has anyone played any of the DLC I just mentioned? Well, it's a party over here. Creed galore. 

I've been playing Valhalla. That game puts me in a trance in a good way. It's beautiful.