Register Now
killamch89

New Asus Gaming Laptops

Due to the Intel versions being released later this year, most manufacturers have gone with AMD mobile processors this year so we're seeing some powerful AMD mobile CPUs paired with the mobile 3070 and 3080s and they all come with QHD panels. I can't lie, it seem gaming laptops are going to be far more powerful this year with an improvement in performance of 41% and above in some leaked benchmarks compared to previous generations. What do you guys think of this?

I bought Asus ROG Strix III I mean I had only one problem where the procesor burned because the cooler wasn't setup good. So eah other than that I fully recomend it. Tho it might be really loud at times, it is a great laptopm. This one looks just massive, but if you are a streamer this is the go to thing.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

What is the name of this series of the ROG laptops? I have not seen this build. Looks pretty much premium business level like design. is it gaming or business laptop?

Gaming laptops but the design has matured quite a bit to look a bit more business-like

1 hour ago, Shole said:

I bought Asus ROG Strix III I mean I had only one problem where the procesor burned because the cooler wasn't setup good. So eah other than that I fully recomend it. Tho it might be really loud at times, it is a great laptopm. This one looks just massive, but if you are a streamer this is the go to thing.

Yeah, they're going to be pretty good. I can't wait to get my hands on one...

15 hours ago, Shole said:

ROG is intel make so it's odd to see processor cooling not being taken care of. I think must be sloppy untested product. I am using the TUF series of ASUS and so far good enough. 

the only issue with these is that they are offering lower performance than their desktop variants, i'm not saying they are bad, i'm just saying you are paying more (paying the price of a 3080 with the performance of a desktop 3070)

Love it when company go for a good minimalistic design on a "budget" model and not just putting powerful chips in it, the balance between design and power is important and looking forward for more company to do this kind of laptop 🙂 Well, Asus is definitely the king of gaming laptops in my eyes, especially if they don't change pricing (at least for the lower end models)

I'm not a big fan of asus, because my last laptop made it tough to upgrade, as I had to take the whole thing apart to access the ram area and other parts of the PC. It was only a cheap old laptop though, so maybe they have made their new laptops more accessible to upgrades. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm not a big fan of asus, because my last laptop made it tough to upgrade, as I had to take the whole thing apart to access the ram area and other parts of the PC. It was only a cheap old laptop though, so maybe they have made their new laptops more accessible to upgrades. 

Can;t dislike a brand for only using one of there products and also as you said it was cheap and whatnot. Most Laptops you only can do o much upgrads and that it. I mean Storage and ram. 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:05 PM, Patrik said:

the only issue with these is that they are offering lower performance than their desktop variants, i'm not saying they are bad, i'm just saying you are paying more (paying the price of a 3080 with the performance of a desktop 3070)

Well I wont hold that against the ASUS though, considering this is more or less ASUS issue. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Well I wont hold that against the ASUS though, considering this is more or less ASUS issue. 

This is nothing related to Asus or exclusive, it's been like that since ages, here is this video explaining it all :

17 hours ago, Patrik said:

This is nothing related to Asus or exclusive, it's been like that since ages, here is this video explaining it all :

This is unbelievable I always knew laptop GPUs were slower than their desktop counterparts but I thought it was a 10 to 20% difference but in some cases it's up to 38% which is incredibly misleading, will definitely keep this in mind next time when buying a laptop for gaming. But then again Desktop is the way to go then Laptop.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

This is unbelievable I always knew laptop GPUs were slower than their desktop counterparts but I thought it was a 10 to 20% difference but in some cases it's up to 38% which is incredibly misleading, will definitely keep this in mind next time when buying a laptop for gaming. But then again Desktop is the way to go then Laptop.

Exactly, the only thing that would let me buy a laptop over a desktop is only when i'm not planning to live in a stable place, otherwise i'd go for Desktops because they are cheaper and better and less problematic (heat issues are less known in desktops like they do on laptops)

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Yes that is because if they were to be exact replica of the desktop performance they would fetch the heat too. I think a lot of ads misleads too.