Register Now
StaceyPowers

What retro gaming system would you most like to try?

I would love to play the Gamer Cube, I heard so many good things about it but never tried it...also I want to play PS1 again, and that is possible as I saw so many people in China selling them with games and everything.

Let the past be the past. I'm not interested in retro.  Maybe it would be interesting to see a gaming museum where all the old systems are represented, but beyond that I have no interest in retro systems. Even if by chance I'd want to try an old game I'd go for an emulator instead.

Can't really choose just one, but if I have to that would definitely be the Gameboy or then again between the NES and SNES. Yeah to young to be around when NES was around but they are cool when you see them.

The Gameboy has an amazing catalogue and its region free. Also, you can play its games natively in consoles up to the GBA and GBA SP, which are fairly recent, so they're common and affordable. Buying old cartridges is also surprisingly affordable. The Amstrad CPC is what I had in the family home that my brother spent most of my time until he had access to a PC. I had a neighbour that used to bring pirated games every week or two, so he can played a lot of games on that system.

13 hours ago, Patrik said:

Gameboy Advance, Dreamcast and Gamecube (maybe Wii too someday), i never had the chance to try those non Sony consoles 😞

9 hours ago, Shole said:

I would love to play the Gamer Cube, I heard so many good things about it but never tried it...also I want to play PS1 again, and that is possible as I saw so many people in China selling them with games and everything.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

For me gamecube and dreamcast. Both of those are in my radar for some time. It's just that I don't have much time and priority for going back. 

Ok people, the topic is about retro systems. Not recent shit that came out less than 20 years ago, the exception being the Dreamcast.

1 hour ago, m76 said:

Let the past be the past. I'm not interested in retro.  Maybe it would be interesting to see a gaming museum where all the old systems are represented, but beyond that I have no interest in retro systems. Even if by chance I'd want to try an old game I'd go for an emulator instead.

So are you saying I should give up my NES, SNES, and N64 and go straight to a PS5 because the past should stay in the past? I see then that you have already gotten rid of your Xbox One and PS4.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

So are you saying I should give up my NES, SNES, and N64 and go straight to a PS5 because the past should stay in the past? I see then that you have already gotten rid of your Xbox One and PS4.

You can do whatever you want. I'm saying what I'm doing. And yeah I'm already planning to get rid of my PS4 Pro. The only reason, well actually two reasons it's still here is 1. I was too lazy to put it up for sale. 2. I'm waiting whether TLOU2 gets additional content.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

Ok people, the topic is about retro systems. Not recent shit that came out less than 20 years ago, the exception being the Dreamcast.

Sega Saturn (1994) is my very own favorite old retro game which I actually bought with my personal savings. It was a great piece for me then.