Register Now
killamch89

Samsung S21s are here!

Samsung did an event on the Exynos 2100 which is comparable to the Snapdragon 888 based on leaked benchmarks. However, we'll see how they do in real world tests. Also to note, AMD had influenced some of the decisions regarding the 2100 but the Exynos processor with AMD GPUs will come out on the next flagship. You can watch the video here:

And now on to the main event the S21s and...they're disappointing! Apart from the S21 ultra, the rest are downgrades from last year with the 21 coming with a "glastic" back. In addition, the chargers don't come in the box. Waste of money! Anyways here are the devices:

21+

And the s21

What do you think about the Samsung announcements everyone?

Is it me or do the cammeras get creepier and creepier every year?

Seems like a good thing...but since XiaoMi is cheaper and will probably come out with competting features, I am not going to go into the Samsung market 😄

On 1/14/2021 at 11:35 PM, Shole said:

Is it me or do the cammeras get creepier and creepier every year?

Seems like a good thing...but since XiaoMi is cheaper and will probably come out with competting features, I am not going to go into the Samsung market 😄

You not getting any charger in the box with those either - just a heads up. I agree that I'll probably get myself the Note 20 Ultra but there's no way I'm going to by the S21 Ultra or anything in the lineup for that matter because they're junk.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:52 AM, skyfire said:

Instead of making too many cameras in the backend, they could make one good camera. I don't know what is going on with the mobile companies these days. 

I thought they would stop at 3 cameras but nope, they'll continue till the whole back is full of cameras.

People are comparing this phone to iPhone 12 without realising that it is a huge downgrade from last year lol. They even removed the charger after mocking apple. Expensive or more expensive each year, offering less. I will pass buying a Samsung phone it seems. I mean the phones are beautiful but c'mon, no QHD resolution, no SD card slot, 8GB RAM, and plastic back on the base model? You can do better Samsung. Disappointed.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:08 AM, killamch89 said:

I thought they would stop at 3 cameras but nope, they'll continue till the whole back is full of cameras.

Wait few more years, you will get more camera and also some of the other tech which can make the phone annoying. 

On 1/17/2021 at 7:50 AM, Empire said:

People are comparing this phone to iPhone 12 without realising that it is a huge downgrade from last year lol. They even removed the charger after mocking apple. Expensive or more expensive each year, offering less. I will pass buying a Samsung phone it seems. I mean the phones are beautiful but c'mon, no QHD resolution, no SD card slot, 8GB RAM, and plastic back on the base model? You can do better Samsung. Disappointed.

Same here - this is an absolute shitshow and Youtubers and the media cannot convince me otherwise. Oneplus has far better offerings for way less - Samsung has seriously gone backwards the last few years.

41 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Wait few more years, you will get more camera and also some of the other tech which can make the phone annoying. 

Or maybe you'll just get the box and you'll have to buy the phone separately XD

On 1/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, skyfire said:

Haha that would be apple model. I assume samsung wont go that route. but yeah too much tech stuffed in phone. and it's not even relevant after a year or so. 

Samsung is already going the Apple route of offering less features for the same price. The S21 series is a huge downgrade on the phones from last year and the trend will get worse unless we start voting with our pockets.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, killamch89 said:

Same here - this is an absolute shitshow and Youtubers and the media cannot convince me otherwise. Oneplus has far better offerings for way less - Samsung has seriously gone backwards the last few years.

I would go with the Samsung A21S far far cheaper and just as good with what most needed. That's what I'm looking at getting. As a price point anyway and far good reviews. Shame that there $800 phones are getting less on tech and specs now, 

18 hours ago, Empire said:

I would go with the Samsung A21S far far cheaper and just as good with what most needed. That's what I'm looking at getting. As a price point anyway and far good reviews. Shame that there $800 phones are getting less on tech and specs now, 

They're just cheapening the flagship experience. I think the Note 20 Ultra will be my last Samsung phone unless they bring back micro SD support to their flagships.

Like we all say there are far more better smartphones out there that offer bang for your bunker boy and it's cheaper with options. Me, I don't see the point of spending $800 for a phone that a $200 phone can stil ldo and save so much money.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Like we all say there are far more better smartphones out there that offer bang for your bunker boy and it's cheaper with options. Me, I don't see the point of spending $800 for a phone that a $200 phone can stil ldo and save so much money.

It depends on what you use your phone for though as my Note 20 Ultra serves as a very useful business tool for me and it'll serve me for a number of years 3-4 at that.