Register Now
killamch89

Samsung S21s are here!

19 hours ago, Empire said:

Like we all say there are far more better smartphones out there that offer bang for your bunker boy and it's cheaper with options. Me, I don't see the point of spending $800 for a phone that a $200 phone can stil ldo and save so much money.

The thing with the expensive smartphones is that android is only relevant for 1 and half years and even if it is updated the hardware starts to lag which is kind of the companies way to force the upgrade on people. people can definitely save money buying budget phone instead. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

The thing with the expensive smartphones is that android is only relevant for 1 and half years and even if it is updated the hardware starts to lag which is kind of the companies way to force the upgrade on people. people can definitely save money buying budget phone instead. 

That's so true, but option is not to upfate the OS 🙂 then again nowadays if you do not update then your apps and support won't work and also have no choice but to update otherwise the phone might not work. But like I said most older phones are using the older verion of android.

5 years max for most lifespne phones to live. 

The lack of OS upgrade means that your apps would start to show end of support for that phone. There are projects like lineageos which makes the android update that support older harderwares for like upto 5 years of lifespan. That is our only option as of now. 

Understandable, but five years isn't too long. And most people will use and keep their phones for 5 years tops. Not like damn windows phone, almost all apps are no longer working and even Skype doesn't support it anymore. Well that's that. End of the day who will be using this new phone? who is going away from Samsung or sticking to other models.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:22 AM, Empire said:

Understandable, but five years isn't too long. And most people will use and keep their phones for 5 years tops. Not like damn windows phone, almost all apps are no longer working and even Skype doesn't support it anymore. Well that's that. End of the day who will be using this new phone? who is going away from Samsung or sticking to other models.

I hardly keep phones for more than 3 years with my Galaxy s7 being the exception to the rule. I had that phone up until I got my Note 20 Ultra last year - well I do still have it but I use it more of a business phone. It still functions just fine and looks almost new with barely any scratches as I take great care of my products.

If money isn't a big deal then three years or less is good. In my case money is not on my side and so if it last ten years then I try and last. I do not earn much money and so what I have I have to use. 

On 3/2/2021 at 7:15 AM, Empire said:

If money isn't a big deal then three years or less is good. In my case money is not on my side and so if it last ten years then I try and last. I do not earn much money and so what I have I have to use. 

The problem is most phones nowadays cease to function effectively after 3 years so that's why you have to change them. I'll give Apple this, their phones can go for up to 7 years and still function effectively.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:15 AM, killamch89 said:

The problem is most phones nowadays cease to function effectively after 3 years so that's why you have to change them. I'll give Apple this, their phones can go for up to 7 years and still function effectively.

Yeah, but as long as the OS can be support and updated then I see no proplems, most say three years anyway since end of the day they want people to able to buy a new phone or a new contract and they make profit. 

16 hours ago, Empire said:

Yeah, but as long as the OS can be support and updated then I see no proplems, most say three years anyway since end of the day they want people to able to buy a new phone or a new contract and they make profit. 

That's a very good point.