Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

American Gods

I watched the very first season of this series and missed the second. The third series just started and gonna watch it tonight. Got it recorded. But I am actually more curious about the books. Has anyone read the books? How is it? Do you recommend the read? I think the story itself is great, but from what I remember in the first series it confused me. I think something like this would be expressed well through a book. 

American Gods-Episode A Winter's Tale

I really like this song

LYRICS

Raven fly on a river 
Rapids raging in her chest 
See her body flying over 
With a song of wild unrest 

River roll on a mountain 
Wash your face in the sea 
Tell the sirens I'm a comin 
I'm a comin' and they'll see 

Siren sing us a love song 
Something old that'll put at ease 
All these bones and all their trembling 
All these bones and what they keep 

Raven cry on the river 
River roll to the sea 
Siren sing me a lullaby 
Lay my trembling bones to sleep 

Raven cry on the river 
River roll to the sea 
Tell the sirens I'm a comin 

I looked this one up. Looks like it has to do with fantasy & magic. I have a question, how gory or deep does the storyline goes? I'd be interested in watching it but while I can take some drama, I honestly prefer easy-going, lighter shows with a bit of a comedy aspect in them.

For those who has read the American Gods novel, you might realize the plot was a bit different from the original source. But if we separate the novel from the series, you can see that the series itself has a very unique and great storyline. The series also add some plot that can complement the novel, such as Laura Moon and Shadow backgrounds, saleem's journey after he met the iffrit, and Mad Sweeney's journey.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

For those who has read the American Gods novel, you might realize the plot was a bit different from the original source. But if we separate the novel from the series, you can see that the series itself has a very unique and great storyline. The series also add some plot that can complement the novel, such as Laura Moon and Shadow backgrounds, saleem's journey after he met the iffrit, and Mad Sweeney's journey.

I wouldn't mind at all reading the book. Got to look for a copy. 

On 11/20/2021 at 8:51 PM, ZandraJoi said:

I looked this one up. Looks like it has to do with fantasy & magic. I have a question, how gory or deep does the storyline goes? I'd be interested in watching it but while I can take some drama, I honestly prefer easy-going, lighter shows with a bit of a comedy aspect in them.

The story is very interesting, characters are good, but the show contain a lot of adult scenes.