Register Now
The Blackangel

Games that made you say WTF?

Has anyone played any games that simply made you say "WHAT THE FUCK" due to the script? I'm not talking about glitches or unfinished games. Games that had something set up so bullshit way that you wanted to call the publisher and ask them those simple 3 words? Maybe a vital item was in a completely illogical location, or it was so cryptic that no one on earth could have deciphered it? I have been there in 2 games that I can think of off the top of my head.

Blaster Master--- You go to the third area as you would expect. The entrance to Area 2 is in Area 1, the entrance to Area 3 is in Area 2. The entrance to Area 4 IS HIDDEN IN AREA 1. WHAT THE FUCK? Name me one person that is going to say "Well I made it through Area 3, so I better head to Area 1 so I can get to Area 4."

Final Fantasy VIII--- The end of disc one. Quistis, Zell, and Selphie are all locked in Caraway's mansion. To leave you only clue is a painting. The painting is trying to tell you that you have to take a glass from the shelf and put it in the statues hand in the corner of the room. WHAT THE FUCK? Who the hell is going to figure that one out?
Then you have the Solomon Ring. The most cryptic god damn item I have ever seen in a game. No one is going to think there's anything like that in a location like Tears Point. Then you have to have 6 of three very specific items, one of which I can almost guarantee you don't, and won't have? 6 Malboro tentacles, 6 remedy+, and 6 steel pipes. Who carries a remedy+ with them? Who even bothers to upgrade their remedies to a remedy+?
And who is going to think that there MUST be something in the corner of the map, way out in the ocean? The Deep Sea Research Center is what's hidden way out there. The only reason to even go there is because there are 2 GF's there.
You also have the Centra Ruins. I don't know anyone who would stick around to kill 20 Tonberry's to get the Tonberry King GF. You can also get Odin, the semi-GF as the game calls him. I call him a pain in the ass and not worth getting.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Almost every puzzle in Dragon Age games ever.

Wait, there were puzzles in Dragon Age? Which Dragon Age were you playing? xD

Basically every Sierra game ever, basically. I can think of so many instances in which the game plonks you in this one area, and you have to pick up this certain item to progress later on in the game. And if you leave the area without picking it up, well, you're screwed, because you can't ever return and huzzah, your game is now unwinnable! 
I guess the moral is, save early, and save often! And maybe don't play adventure games from the 1980s unless you hate yourself and want to cry.

Stuff like Leisure Suit Larry, Metal Gear Rising, Mount Your Friends (lol this one is good), or anything on the Xbox 360 indie games library. 

Also something like Deadly Premonition. Even though it's something I never played, I got a ton of laughs from it when I watched a lets play of it. 

On 1/16/2021 at 1:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Like this nonsense:

Oh, that must be from one of the DLCs. I don't have a whole lot of experience with those. Maybe that's for the better? lol

See, here's the weird thing. I like puzzle games. I really, really do. But what I can't stand is puzzles in games that don't typically have puzzles. Like, you're going along your merry way, stomping bad guys, looting crates, doing your thing, and BAM, puzzle. It's like my brain has to be in a certain mindset to want to do puzzles, and blowing people up does not put me in that mindset.
Like those animal pillars in Skyrim that made me want to cry whenever I saw them. If you can even call those puzzles, I guess.

3 hours ago, staticradio725 said:

Oh, that must be from one of the DLCs. I don't have a whole lot of experience with those. Maybe that's for the better? lol

See, here's the weird thing. I like puzzle games. I really, really do. But what I can't stand is puzzles in games that don't typically have puzzles. Like, you're going along your merry way, stomping bad guys, looting crates, doing your thing, and BAM, puzzle. It's like my brain has to be in a certain mindset to want to do puzzles, and blowing people up does not put me in that mindset.
Like those animal pillars in Skyrim that made me want to cry whenever I saw them. If you can even call those puzzles, I guess.

rofl. I swear I have said half of these exact same things myself so many times. Yes. I also can dig puzzle games. But it's like ... I hit a puzzle in DA or Skyrim or whatever, and I'm like "This isn't what I signed up for!" It massively disrupts the flow. I want to be stomping bad guys, not trying to get to them.

Not just games that makes me say WTF,  multiplayer games so where we tend to see and say WTF more than anything else. Well, I think so anyway. Last night trucking in truckersMP and seeing silly and crazy peritectic drivings on the server, and many times you just get rammed or crashed to getting ban for no point but being a nut.  So more than saying WTF in my case. Just think about what you would be doing or saying lol

Other people in multiplayer games what makes as insane 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:04 PM, The Blackangel said:

@AndreiMirfi you have me officially interested in Road Redemption.

It doesn't look like a half bad game to be honest. It reminds me of Road Rash for the N64 combined with X3treme games for the original PlayStation. 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

This is such a simplistic game yet it does look a bit fun.