Register Now
The Blackangel

Games you have that are widely popular, but are unfamiliar as to why

Ok, I have a few games that from what I gather are extremely popular. People seem to just love them. Two that come to mind are Skyrim and The Witcher 3. Skyrim is a beautiful game, and I'm hoping to get more into it, but I still don't get the mass fascination with it. The Witcher 3, I just don't get at all. I couldn't get into it. It just didn't hook me. Now I'm not trying to insult or disrespect any of these games or those that enjoy them. I'm just trying to get some perspectives and have other people do the same with some of their games. I know some of you have Dark Souls, but upon playing it couldn't figure out the fascination with it. Or maybe you have Devil May Cry. Same thing applies.

Can't help with any of the games you guys have listed. I was really into Skyrim for a while, but I only played it once. I play a lot of open-world RPGs, and I honestly don't know why Skyrim was such a huge smash hit when compared to other games in the same genre. I actually liked it less than some of the other open-world RPGs I've played.

Additionally, someone needs to tell me why the Mario franchise is so popular. Maybe it's because I didn't get into gaming until I was an adult, but I've never understood the appeal of those games.