Register Now
killamch89

The best Gaming Laptop at CES 2021

I think the design looks pretty sleek and sexy. I like the RGB lighting and the overall design. It's nothing too spectacular, but is right where I like it. Sadly, wouldn't be able to afford this yet. Maybe one day I could afford to buy a laptop like this. 

Asus and Lenovo are rocking it, they always are 🙂 they are giving the consumers exactly what they need. HP are making models with new Ryzen CPUs. There are two versions are available for pre-orderI hear that they have a 3070 with Ryzen 7 5800H and 3070 with Ryzen 9 5900H. 

However I stick with ASUS  🙂  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On 1/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, Kane99 said:

I think the design looks pretty sleek and sexy. I like the RGB lighting and the overall design. It's nothing too spectacular, but is right where I like it. Sadly, wouldn't be able to afford this yet. Maybe one day I could afford to buy a laptop like this. 

Sell a kidney! How much is one worth in the pandemic? XD

On 1/18/2021 at 12:19 PM, Empire said:

Asus and Lenovo are rocking it, they always are 🙂 they are giving the consumers exactly what they need. HP are making models with new Ryzen CPUs. There are two versions are available for pre-orderI hear that they have a 3070 with Ryzen 7 5800H and 3070 with Ryzen 9 5900H. 

However I stick with ASUS  🙂  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This must be one of the few times I'm really excited to buy an Asus gaming laptop or have an urge to...

On 1/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, skyfire said:

I have Ryzen 5 and I am pretty much happy with it. There seems to be pretty good performance and the design is good too for the 17 inch. I'd definitely go for any of the make from the ASUS. 

Asus also fixed their cooling issues this time around so these gaming laptops should perform far better.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Asus also fixed their cooling issues this time around so these gaming laptops should perform far better.

Yes they kind of fixed a lot of problems last 1 year. I think theybalso focused on the right configuration for the gaming laptops with enough card RAM. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes they kind of fixed a lot of problems last 1 year. I think theybalso focused on the right configuration for the gaming laptops with enough card RAM. 

Those QHD panel laptops with the 3080 are all at 2700 dollars though which is really steep!

On 1/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, skyfire said:

17 inch is surprising from alienware. they were just sticking with 15 and 14 inch which is not really the resolution for games. I'd say 17 inch is welcome move. like they are following path of assus and msi.

Alienware's laptops are always very big and bulky and ridiculously overpriced so that's a definite no for me. I'm not even considering one at this point.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:10 AM, killamch89 said:

Guys I kind of forgot about the Alienware Laptops announced at CES - the M15 R4 and M17 R4 both Intel laptops. 

So we have Asus with QHD panels we have razor with 120hz 4k panels and we have Alienware with 1080p 7ms response time no QHD panels and a 60hz 4k panel and ram soldered on and no AMD cpu, does this company even no what there doing anymore, well done Alienware 👌

And no thanks for it's price.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

So we have Asus with QHD panels we have razor with 120hz 4k panels and we have Alienware with 1080p 7ms response time no QHD panels and a 60hz 4k panel and ram soldered on and no AMD cpu, does this company even no what there doing anymore, well done Alienware 👌

And no thanks for it's price.

As I said, Alienware is a no for me. Too overpriced and too bulky - the competition has left them in the dust and they're having a hard time adjusting. Why can't they shut down or Dell sells off the Alienware brand? Even Dell's own gaming laptops are WAY better in terms of price to performance.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, killamch89 said:

Alienware's laptops are always very big and bulky and ridiculously overpriced so that's a definite no for me. I'm not even considering one at this point.

I got lot better specs compared to the alienware with the ASUS and the MSI. I think alienware is ridiculously old spec and don't even have 17 inch models as of yet.