Register Now
Kane99

What's one thing you'd change about each new/current gen console?

What is one thing you would change about the new/current gen consoles, maybe it's just one console, or all of the current gen ones? What is one thing you would change for one, or each of them?

For me, I think I would change the Switch joy con buttons. I think I mentioned this in another topic as well, but I feel the buttons are too small. For the PS5, I am not a fan of the look, so I think I'd switch it up a little bit. Maybe more square instead, idk, I'm a simple man. As for the Xbox series x and s, the look is king of growing on me. Maybe it's because it reminds me of a fridge and makes me hungry idk lol. 

One thing I'd change, is maybe more USB slots on the front. But I just prefer more USB slots on everything. 😄 

What about you guys? 

I would make the Switch Bluetooth compatible. I would love to be able to use my Raycons with it. When I'm playing and my girl is playing I don't necessarily want to have to go to the bedroom to play, so I hook up my earbuds, but that damn cord is a pain in the ass. I'd also make the Switch Lite rumble compatible. It has the option in the settings, but doesn't support it.😠

On 1/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, The Blackangel said:

I would make the Switch Bluetooth compatible. I would love to be able to use my Raycons with it. When I'm playing and my girl is playing I don't necessarily want to have to go to the bedroom to play, so I hook up my earbuds, but that damn cord is a pain in the ass. I'd also make the Switch Lite rumble compatible. It has the option in the settings, but doesn't support it.😠

I heard there's a new Nintendo Switch coming out with Bluetooth as well as a new 4k screen along with some new upgrades later this year so I'm looking forward to that.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:20 AM, Patrik said:

More storage for the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X, it's seriously a huge issue that almost everyone complaining about, the system takes an important part of it and it's more annoying!!

Another thing I'd change especially about the PS5 is let it be backwards compatible with every generation of Sony games from the original PS to PS4. I mean, they can do it but they purposely limited it to PS3 when the patent for their backwards compatibility software said it could even run the original PS games.

Honestly? The whole thing. There were so many mistakes upfront that I think it handicapped itself so badly that it'll never beat the PS4. I just want Scorpio to be a success to bring Xbox back on par (or on top) so I don't miss out on any game experiences.

Specifically, what should have been different:

1. They shouldn't have been so timid on specs and played it safe. Sony gambled on DDR5 and won. It was insane to launch a console that was 25% more expensive and 10% slower, who thought that was a good idea?
  2. All the wasted software effort on the scrapped DRM thing. I can't believe they thought it was a good idea and it god tossed. If they hadn't done that they could have spent that dev effort in 2 places:
  3. better online integration with Xbox Live 360 APIs. It was insane that you couldn't see friends or message cross platform to 360. If they had made it more integrated it would have been an easier transition. Instead they basically sent the message "If you are coming from a 360, go ahead and switch to PS4, we won't let you talk to your friends anyways"
  4. backwards compatibility. If they had this feature announced at launch instead of always-on DRM it would have been game over.
  5. Kinect. They should have seen the writing on the wall with the Wii and realized motion controllers weren't happening. Saved millions on making the kinect and just stick a microphone in the box and be done with it.

At this point, more compatibility with extra sets of controllers that do not have to be custom ordered to work with various consoles. I am not in the habit of spending thousands, just to get use of a set of controllers that would make doing things in certain games easier to do.

For the Xbox Series X, I would love for them to start sending out the controllers with rechargeable batteries. There's no reason for them to make us buy them separately. With the PS5, the only thing I would change is for it to be slightly smaller. It's not a huge problem but it would be a lot better.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:07 PM, Darth said:

For the Xbox Series X, I would love for them to start sending out the controllers with rechargeable batteries. There's no reason for them to make us buy them separately. With the PS5, the only thing I would change is for it to be slightly smaller. It's not a huge problem but it would be a lot better.

Exactly - why didn't they have the rechargeable batteries built in like the PS5 controller. Then again, I got mine free with my Xbox Series X controller but I do agree it should be the standard.

That's nice that you got yours for free. Luckily for me, I spent some time doing certain tasks on Microsoft Rewards. So I was able to get the rechargeable battery set for free as well using the Xbox giftcards I got using my reward points.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:10 PM, The Blackangel said:

The switch is bluetooth compatible. I use my bluetooth earphones with it all the time.