Register Now
Kane99

Games that are hard on purpose

Volgar the Viking is super hard to beat. It's an India game and lots of Indie games are hard to actually get to higher levels. A friend and I used to play it and try to get as far as we could. But it's so hard. You have to start over each time you die. Games like that can be boring sometimes but other times it's actually fairly fun to give it a try.

The point of gaming is to pass the levels and feel rewarded. If it's too easy it's too boring, if it's too hard it's too annoying, so if you find a game with the right push, god it's perfect. I loved Warcraft 3 for that, and I love Dwarf Fortress for that as well (even though it is hardcore though).

On 1/26/2021 at 5:49 AM, killamch89 said:

Dark Souls games are extremely difficult on purpose - you can't even pause the game lol. No seriously, I once died because I had to take a leak and a boss just showed up. I tried to pause it but no dice!

You just simply took the words out of my mouth with calling out Dark Souls. There is nothing easy in the game. 

On 8/16/2021 at 4:33 AM, Heatman said:

You just simply took the words out of my mouth with calling out Dark Souls. There is nothing easy in the game. 

I've yet to see a game make it this difficult for anyone and yet somehow manage not scary you away entirely - at least some people that is.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:59 AM, killamch89 said:

I've yet to see a game make it this difficult for anyone and yet somehow manage not scary you away entirely - at least some people that is.

Seriously - I don't really know how they were able to get the game fixed in a way that it's something that would be so hard but still can't stop players from getting into it. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Some games are simply that way their is no need to be surprised. I love playing video hard or difficult game. Because in reality things aren't easy if you experience real war, lol. 

Call of Duty Modern Warfare isn't an easy one too and I'm very sure that the new release that's coming up in Call of Duty Vanguard wouldn't be easy too. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, Heatman said:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare isn't an easy one too and I'm very sure that the new release that's coming up in Call of Duty Vanguard wouldn't be easy too. 

The games are superfluous and hard to get past each levels. But when you're practicing it everyday, you'll surely get aquainted enjoying it with enthusiasm. How far have you gotten playing any of the two? 

On 11/14/2021 at 7:00 AM, skyfire said:

A lot of games specific to the strategy, puzzles and also the games related to the tactics are made hard as there is more fun that way. 

Seriously, hands down on puzzle games, as they are naturally set up hard no matter how small the puzzles appear.