Register Now
The Blackangel

IT’S OFFICIAL!

On 1/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, The Blackangel said:

I hate to say it, but white supremacy isn't going to end. It's based on prejudice and entitlement. In this country we have gotten used to referring to anyone who isn't white as a "minority". If you compare whites to the combined other ethnicity's in this country, whites are the minority.

Interesting stats, what source did you use for these?

53 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Interesting stats, what source did you use for these?

According to Google, The United States of America has a population of approximately 331 million with Non-Hispanic Whites making up 60.7% of the country's population.

So yeah, according to the numbers, white people as I would consider it do make up the majority of the US population, but not by a margin that's anything close to how the US people tend to be represented in government. The good news is that around half those Whites have brains larger than a walnut and didn't vote for Trump.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

According to Google, The United States of America has a population of approximately 331 million with Non-Hispanic Whites making up 60.7% of the country's population.

So yeah, according to the numbers, white people as I would consider it do make up the majority of the US population, but not by a margin that's anything close to how the US people tend to be represented in government. The good news is that around half those Whites have brains larger than a walnut and didn't vote for Trump.

That’s just those counted in the census. A large part of the population doesn’t respond to it when the census is taken. Especially those in the inner city, which is predominantly black and Hispanic areas. As a result, they aren’t counted in the population results. That’s what makes it seem that the US is mostly white. But you have to consider others that don’t respond, including but not limited to Asians and Native Americans. Reservations are technically American land, but governed completely separate, like American territories such as Puerto Rico. Add in the homeless and the numbers change drastically.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That’s just those counted in the census. A large part of the population doesn’t respond to it when the census is taken. Especially those in the inner city, which is predominantly black and Hispanic areas. As a result, they aren’t counted in the population results. That’s what makes it seem that the US is mostly white. But you have to consider others that don’t respond, including but not limited to Asians and Native Americans. Reservations are technically American land, but governed completely separate, like American territories such as Puerto Rico. Add in the homeless and the numbers change drastically.

First off, I have to acknowledge that I'm not American and I don't live in America, but still express my right to say shit America's politics affects pretty much everyone.

True, the numbers I posted don't necessarily reflect reality, but as someone who is liberal and impartial to US politics, I have to offer a little bit of bitter truth here. Those who don't have residency and/or are in your country illegally don't have a right to vote, and like it or not, that is the way it should be. My country (Scotland) is under the regional rule of a political and party that wants to give prisoners a right to vote because they reckon that will increce the chances of votes in their political favour. All against a democratic decision made over 6 years ago that they themselves promised was a "once in generation" vote that they have refused to accept like very worst of COD bitches.

To summarize, living in America without being a registered citizen doesn't automatically give one the right to vote in American politics, and that's true of all countries. I'm living under a regime that would destroy my livelihood and brand the love of my life an illigal immigrant all because of a foolhardy goal instigated buy a party that sympathied with the Nazi's during WW2. As bad as America is, it could be worse.

EDIT: And before anyone says it, no, I do not consider being in Scotland, even under my circumstances, to be that bad. It just sucks that your own government doesn't know what to focus on, has no concept of consequence and has less intelligence than a than toddler. At least a toddler knows what "No" means.

Edited by Shagger

@Shagger

I wasn't trying to discredit anything you said, as you were more or less right on the money. You could say I was adding to what you said. And I totally agree that the politics here are complete shit.You take the two main political parties and the two are pissed off at each other 100% of the time. It doesn't matter what party has the white house or control of the senate. And half the country thinks the other half has lost their damn minds. All of this will never change. This political situation doesn't just affect Americans. it affects everyone. America is what I would call the most entitled country on earth. Nothing is ever enough or good enough. We should have it just because we want it, and we shouldn't have to pay for it.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

If I could afford it, I would leave in a heartbeat. I would try to gain citizenship elsewhere. Canada would be my number one choice, with Mexico being my number two. But me being on disability, I can't afford to pack up and leave. Also I don't know what the laws are in either country regarding disability. If they have it, I don't know if I could live on it. Especially since the Canadian dollar is worth roughly 78 cents US. So the exchange rate could screw me bad. Also the Mexican peso is worth a nickel. So if I took the money I have across the border and kept it at the same number it is here, I don't know if that would mean I was poor or rich.

Americans are screwed, whatever way the politics go. And foreign nations need to pay attention to what happens here. Because what happens here, can and eventually will affect them. We're not exactly known for minding our own fucking business.

If we define domestic terrorism and protect the rights to vote in unbreakable iron clad, then a republican will never again win an election, because we the people who believe in democracy are the majority. 

If we continue to allow gerrymandering, reduce voting locations and all the other insane things republicans have done and as we witnessed their attack on voting rights in 2020, including trying to destroy our entire postal service to prevent mail in ballots; if we allow them to continue this, we can kiss democracy goodbye. And the electoral college system needs a hard look at doing away with. Because that doesn't represent a majority count in a democratic process. 

I don't care if whites in the USA are the majority or not, but I believe they are. Either way that does not give them the right to play victim while the systemic racism protects the whites. During all the protests about blacks being killed by police, those M*F* white nationalists of the republican party had some nerve to say more white people are killed by cops. They play on that fear of becoming a minority, which has given rise to these new white supremacist terrorist  groups. They attack, try to overthrow democracy, plot, and are treasonous. Then they still expect the left to befriend them and wink, and shrug it off with a 'nice try'. Those groups need to be held responsible. We need to define terrorism.

But even then-this is who the republicans are now. The only way this country survives is if voting is protected. Cause no matter if republicans try to block everything, as long as we the majority win elections, this country will continue on. And the fascists know it. That is why instead of having policy to win over people, they have 'no policy' and spread lies, fear, and voter suppression as their way to to make their votes stronger. We can win by 10 million votes again and again. 

The republiKKKlan party doesn't even stand by its own people. During the terrorist attack on the Capitol they were intending to execute Mike Pence. he and his wife are now homeless and have been couch surfing in Indiana for a while.

A friend sent me this article about it. I find it funny as hell that people at Mar-A-Lago are fighting to keep Adolf out, and Pence is homeless. They're getting what they deserve in my opinion. I've been homeless. i spent 3 years on the street. I know how hard it is. But I can honestly say that these two assholes deserve this.