Register Now
Kane99

Neil Druckman would like to make a Punisher game

Niel Druckman was recently asked on Twitter about what established IP he would like to make into a video game. He mentioned a few good ones, check the image below to see what he said. 

image.png.9a2bc9fdcf49a04b58f33dbc4f5ca4ac.png

I would love to see him do a Punisher game, especially with how gruesome the deaths in TLOU2 are. Same with Ghost Rider. I think anyone would be happy to see Half Life back, but I can see fans throwing a fit if he was involved. Just the way the gaming community is these days. 

Hotline Miami is an interesting one. Maybe he could to a more realistic one? What do you guys think?

There was one Punisher game which has in recent years garnered a cult following, but I've neither seen nor played it for myself so I can't say what it would be like, however I can see Druckmann being a good fit for it given his writing and directing style. The Last of Us wasn't necessarily my cup of tea, but I'd give Druckmann's Punisher a fair shake given the chance.

There's actually been a few Punisher games. I remember one being released for the NES, and the most famous one came out for the PS2/Xbox back in like 04 or 05. That's the one with the cult following, as it allowed you to do some pretty gruesome kills. 

That was 16 years or so ago, the last game I see we got, was in 2009, and it looks to just be a pinball game. So we're for sure due for another Punisher game. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:47 PM, staticradio725 said:

I definitely don't recall ever seeing a Punisher game before. I would 100% check that out, at least, regardless of who made it.

Honestly, thinking back, there was a Punisher game that was out in the early 2000s and it was quite decent and there was also an arcade game in the 90s if I'm not mistaken but I never played that game.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:06 PM, Kane99 said:

There's actually been a few Punisher games. I remember one being released for the NES, and the most famous one came out for the PS2/Xbox back in like 04 or 05. That's the one with the cult following, as it allowed you to do some pretty gruesome kills. 

That was 16 years or so ago, the last game I see we got, was in 2009, and it looks to just be a pinball game. So we're for sure due for another Punisher game. 

I just remembered the game that came out in 05 and the arcade game from the 90s.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Withywarlock said:

There was one Punisher game which has in recent years garnered a cult following, but I've neither seen nor played it for myself so I can't say what it would be like, however I can see Druckmann being a good fit for it given his writing and directing style. The Last of Us wasn't necessarily my cup of tea, but I'd give Druckmann's Punisher a fair shake given the chance.

I loved the original Last Of Us so I'd definitely give it a shot as well.