Register Now
killamch89

Xiaomi banned in the US

On 1/26/2021 at 9:43 PM, The Blackangel said:

The left saved the nation and the world from nuclear war. If Adolf was still in power, we would still have the "my dick is bigger" game going on against North Korea, all while being manipulated by Russia the entire time. The right already committed a domestic terrorist attack because they're a bunch of butthurt crybabies. Whereas the left has overturned unconstitutional mandates set in motion by Adolf. If you had a clue about the left or even the US, you would know that we will not bow down to China.

67.jpg

Do I need to continue, or has it gotten through yet?

Lincoln was a Republican. Ending slavery was the biggest thing to happen in the United States after War of Independence.

4 hours ago, egghead said:

Lincoln was a Republican. Ending slavery was the biggest thing to happen in the United States after War of Independence.

Technically he wasn't republiKKKlan or Democrat, as parties weren't really a thing yet at that time. He had his stance on things, the Confederacy had theirs. It led to the civil war. The stance of the Confederacy was fucked up and wrong as hell, which is one of the reasons they lost. Not to mention that there were naval blockades denying them supplies from other nations.

Parties weren't in full swing until after Lincoln's assassination. No one was left wing or right wing as neither existed. Some favored one term over another. Democracy or republic. Those two words in turn led to the names of the two main parties we have today. But like I said, during Lincoln's time there were no actual parties. After the assassination, some followed one path modeling them after Lincoln's policies, some followed another path introducing other policies. Neither was right, nor were they wrong at the time. In the post war era and the reconstruction, things were almost as volatile as they are now.

6 hours ago, egghead said:

Lincoln is no way shape, form, or species what a republican is today. Republicans and democrats and the whigs had entirely different political beliefs back then. Even the American Revolution was led by the Federalist Party and the anti federalists formed the democratic-republican party also called Jeffersonian republicans. So to infer today’s republican as the savior of slavery, would also infer todays republican as those who were against the Federalists and the new government and constitution in the American Revolution. So Lincoln holds no relevance to today’s republican. 

8 hours ago, egghead said:

If you want to discuss this on another thread, I wouldn't mind since it's off topic. But I do have to point out a bit of irony that if Lincoln was republican during the civil war, then why is it that today's republicans wave confederate flags everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

US history is not my strong suit but wasn't Lincoln literally one of the founder's of the Republican Party?

That's exactly the irony. George Washington didn't want party politics but he supported the Federalists. Anti federalists also called Jeffersonian republicans, also called democratic-republicans opposed the original constitution because it lacked the bill of rights and they were opposed of the three-fifths compromise with slavery. So it gets even more ironic that the new constitution that Jefferson made, didn't do anything about slavery. 

24 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

US history is not my strong suit but wasn't Lincoln literally one of the founder's of the Republican Party?

Just to clear things up, party politics in this country is so interconnected since the American Revolution, that you really can't claim anything from our past is the same as the present. Party politics began with the anti federalists which is where republicans began. Some say that 1854 is the official republican party, but too many things overlap since the revolution. Too many things change so much. Lincoln also created the National Union Party which was a combination of republicans and democrats with a democratic vice president. 

17 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If you want to discuss this on another thread, I wouldn't mind since it's off topic. But I do have to point out a bit of irony that if Lincoln was republican during the civil war, then why is it that today's republicans wave confederate flags everywhere. 

I can discuss on this topic anywhere, but I was just trying to answer to another user. I was not trying to talk on off topic.