Register Now
Kane99

Games that were removed from marketplaces

What are some games that were removed from marketplaces and are no longer purchasable? I am reminded of the Scott Pilgrim game that just re-released. Originally that game came out for the 360, ps3 and pc I believe, and each one was removed from their marketplaces. This made me wonder, what are some of the games that you wish were still available for purchase digitally? 

There seems to be so many games out there that get released digitally, and then disappear from the marketplace. What are some of the games you wish were available for sale again? Scott Pilgrim is back, what other game removed do you want to see added back?

18 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

What are some games that were removed from marketplaces and are no longer purchasable? I am reminded of the Scott Pilgrim game that just re-released. Originally that game came out for the 360, ps3 and pc I believe, and each one was removed from their marketplaces. This made me wonder, what are some of the games that you wish were still available for purchase digitally? 

There seems to be so many games out there that get released digitally, and then disappear from the marketplace. What are some of the games you wish were available for sale again? Scott Pilgrim is back, what other game removed do you want to see added back?

Kill the Faggot was removed from Steam for do honestly have to ask why. Still, It's more interesting than the story behind Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game being cancelled. Games get removed from digital stores all the time for various reasons that are usually not that intresting nor surprising. You're example of Scott Pilgrim may even be one of the least intresting examples. It was a a licencing issue and no more, not that anybody even cared in the first place. 

Alpha Protocol is sadly no longer available digitally because SEGA weren't going to pay for the music rights again, and thus the game had to be pulled. You can still find keys being sold on a number of sites, and physical copies are plentifully available for low prices, but it's a shame that it can't be purchased directly from the publisher.

50 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It was a a licencing issue and no more, not that anybody even cared in the first place. 

Interesting, I was always under the impression it was a cult classic. I might get the game myself to see what all the fuss was about, but it being a Beat 'Em Up game, I will likely miss the appeal. Then again, I say the same about a survival horror game I've just started and have fallen in love with: Deadly Premonition. ^^

Well, true to be told that there are no games that I can even think about or thoughts on games that has been removed. I mean they have a reasons to why they have been removed, from bad coding to not having permissions or they became dead and so they removed it since it was not making any money.  

Edited by Empire