Register Now
StaceyPowers

Main quests or side quests

On my first time with a new game I always focus on the main quest while doing only minimal side activities, just as much as maintaining 100% immersion in the story allows.

But if the game is good enough after finishing my first playthrough I'll start a new game and focus more on side missions

I tend to go with side quests a lot. Especially if it is for an upgrade to an item. There's a lot you can do in RDR2 that will keep you busy and entertained without ever doing the main quest. You can stay in chapter 2 forever if you want. Granted that will limit several things, such as guns and horses for you to buy, but it's still a lot of fun. As I've said before, as soon as we get out of the mountains I go catch the white Arabian and get the Legends Of The East satchel.

I like to do a mix. I will gradually do the story, and mix in some side quests. Sometimes I'll go through a string of side quests and then take on a mission. I usually do this to help spur on upgrades and such. 

I find that I have more fun going towards side quests, as they're faster and easier to do. 

It depends on the game really. In Skyrim and Witcher 3 for instance, I do a lot side quests because they provide you with info that you normally wouldn't come across in the main storyline which really adds to the game's main story and immerses you more into the game.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you usually find yourself more into the main quest line in an open world game, or the side quests? I almost always seem to find the side quests more interesting.

Personally, I tend to thread in between both of them quests especially when the side quests are fun and interesting, I'm definitely not passing it up.