Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you’d want to play if they were easier for you?

Along with the Dark Souls I've heard about, I'd jump right into those and Bloodborne. I've started Bloodborne and it's just not a relaxing game session. There are so many others I play that leaves me too satisfied to rush into an annoyingly hard game. Sekiro is another. One of these days after completing some of these beautiful open worlds I'm playing, then I will tackle Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Dark Souls. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Witcher 3 is one for me. And even though I'm trying to get into it, I would have to add Skyrim to the list as well. It just hasn't really got it's hooks into me yet, but I'm getting there. Witcher however, in my eyes, offers nothing.

I recommend Witcher 3 to everyone who hasn't played it or stopped playing. I myself stopped playing for several months. You have to progress in the story a little and get used to all the potions and weapon repair. It gets easy. Most of the potions I don't ever use so don't let it overwhelm you. Keep at it and you find what a really great game it is. It is a legendary game. 

I'll most likely give Witcher 3 another shot at some point, but at the moment I just don't have the interest. Personally I don't plan, I improvise, so I can't say I plan on playing it. I have always said I'll try anything twice, so if I survive to a time when I have the itch to play it, then that second chance will occur. If not, then spread my ashes in the wind so the entire world can kiss the darkest part of what's left of my lily white ass.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I really don't like playing easy games since I'd lost interest very easily. I do like Dark Souls games because you can't take ANYTHING for granted and you always have to think about your next move very carefully. That being said, I can totally understand why people avoid the Dark Souls games and I agree that it can be really frustrating to play at times.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I really don't like playing easy games since I'd lost interest very easily. I do like Dark Souls games because you can't take ANYTHING for granted and you always have to think about your next move very carefully. That being said, I can totally understand why people avoid the Dark Souls games and I agree that it can be really frustrating to play at times.

I like a challenge too. When a game is easy, or you have played it so much tat you have mastered it, then it's boring as hell the majority of the time. But when the game is too much of a challenge, that's when the fun is taken out of it.

34 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I like a challenge too. When a game is easy, or you have played it so much tat you have mastered it, then it's boring as hell the majority of the time. But when the game is too much of a challenge, that's when the fun is taken out of it.

I'm a bit of a machoist so I do tend to like extremely difficult games but it has to be done fairly. Not any cheap scripting BS like EA - now that I can't tolerate. 

I'm a masochist as well, but it involves real life physical pain. That is where I enjoy it.

If you want something that will meet those needs gaming wise, get yourself a SNES and get the Zelda ROM-hacks. you won't be disappointed. They are designed to not be beaten. The script writers went way over fucking board with the difficulty. Everything you know from Link To The Past is wrong. Trust me. Goddess Of Wisdom is impossible, and that's if you're lucky.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm a masochist as well, but it involves real life physical pain. That is where I enjoy it.

If you want something that will meet those needs gaming wise, get yourself a SNES and get the Zelda ROM-hacks. you won't be disappointed. They are designed to not be beaten. The script writers went way over fucking board with the difficulty. Everything you know from Link To The Past is wrong. Trust me. Goddess Of Wisdom is impossible, and that's if you're lucky.

I'll definitely give it a try and I made sure to write it down so I won't forget at all.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:22 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What game would you want to play if only you found it more approachable? I would want to play Dark Souls, but … nope. Too much.

I'm actually playing Dark Souls 3 already after my struggles with the previous series. Even though it's very difficult, I'm still pushing for it. 

26 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I'm actually playing Dark Souls 3 already after my struggles with the previous series. Even though it's very difficult, I'm still pushing for it. 

The reward after the initial struggles is absolutely worth because you'd have done something most people can't complete in this lifetime lol.

19 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The reward after the initial struggles is absolutely worth because you'd have done something most people can't complete in this lifetime lol.

Seriously, I actually know a lot of my friends who aren't willing to give Dark Souls a try simply because of how difficult the game is.