Register Now
Kane99

Think it's worth it to mod the 360?

I am thinking about maybe modding my old 360, as I don't know if I will be using it anytime soon. I figure I could utilize it to mod it to use emulators and such. I still want to use it to play 360 games maybe. I just won't be able to put the console online again, as MS could ban it. 

I wouldn't mind even installing a small operating system on it. That'd be interesting to see. But with the 360's 512mb or RAM, you can't do a whole lot of anything though. So emulation may be my only use. 

Any suggestions?

On 10/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Oblivion Knight said:

Part of me wishes I'd held on to my Xbox 360 Slim that got banned for modding purposes, but similarly I don't have the soldering skills and would have had to pay someone to do it for me.. I seem to recall it's quite a capable console for emulation 🤔

I gave out my Xbox 360, not that I got tired of it but I felt it's the best way to preserve what I cherished all through my childhood. I don't know much as mod but right now I got a few knowledge on it and if I had my Xbox 360 I would have tried emulation on it.

With the servers for a lot of games being turned offline. I don't see why not, if you have the means to do so. Modded consoles can be a lot of fun. I would be careful and not try to connect to your xbox live account on a modded console though in case they permanently ban the account.

I think it's absolutely worth it. I never owned an xbox 360 growing up so I missed out on alot of games like halo, gears of war, forza, alan wake. But even if it's old or not you should do what you want to do with your gear anyway. LIke other mention, MAny YouTube videos out there

On 11/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, Shortie said:

With the servers for a lot of games being turned offline. I don't see why not, if you have the means to do so. Modded consoles can be a lot of fun. I would be careful and not try to connect to your xbox live account on a modded console though in case they permanently ban the account.

Yeah for sure, I don't want to risk a ban. So before I do anything I will factory reset the console I think and go from there. 

On 11/13/2022 at 7:42 AM, Empire said:

I think it's absolutely worth it. I never owned an xbox 360 growing up so I missed out on alot of games like halo, gears of war, forza, alan wake. But even if it's old or not you should do what you want to do with your gear anyway. LIke other mention, MAny YouTube videos out there

I think I might do it. I have an Xbox 360 slim with a dead DVD drive. I may have already factory reset it, so I could probably just mod that one instead. And save the newer one I have and keep it for gaming and using on xbox live if I want to send my achievements over to my account. 🙂

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think I might do it. I have an Xbox 360 slim with a dead DVD drive. I may have already factory reset it, so I could probably just mod that one instead. And save the newer one I have and keep it for gaming and using on xbox live if I want to send my achievements over to my account. 🙂

practice on it - I like that idea indeed so if it goes to poop you are not going to loose out as it's not your main gaming platform 😉

7 hours ago, Empire said:

practice on it - I like that idea indeed so if it goes to poop you are not going to loose out as it's not your main gaming platform 😉

Yeah I think that's what I'll do. I might even make a custom case for it just to make it look different. Maybe save some space too, since I can get rid of the DVD drive in it. Thing is, I don't remember if I have a bit HD in that 360 or not. Which means I will have to find a solution for that. I might be able to add a HDD to it. 

On 11/12/2022 at 8:51 PM, Shortie said:

Have you owned or used a modded Xbox 360?

From what I have gathered modded Xbox 360's are really cool and could do a variety of things on them which wouldn't have been possible on the original 360's.