Register Now
Alexander.

Crypto?

Crypto is becoming widely more acceptable everywhere we go. Many more retailers offline and online are accepting Bitcoin and other tokens as a payment method. Do you think in game transactions will slowly integrate Crypto and will there ever be a time where this will be the only way to pay?

I think it has potential to be an option alongside digital USD. I don't know if it will be the only way to pay, because I think no matter what, the USD will probably stick around. If anything, I can see them doing their own cryptocurrency. 

It just comes down to game companies like Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to accept cryptocurrency, and once they do, everyone else might too. 

I think they will take an approach like browsers do (ex; Brave) where you earn their coins while just using it and could be used/sold for other services or possibly as in game currency? Will be curious though for sure 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:27 PM, Alexander. said:

Crypto is becoming widely more acceptable everywhere we go. Many more retailers offline and online are accepting Bitcoin and other tokens as a payment method. Do you think in game transactions will slowly integrate Crypto and will there ever be a time where this will be the only way to pay?

Yes of course, some gaming website are already accepting cryptocurrency transactions lately. G2A accepts cryptocurrency but I don't really trust them that much.