Register Now
Kane99

Games that need a VR mode

With Hitman III having a VR mode on the PS VR, it got me thinking, what other games do you think could benefit from having some kind of VR mode? I'm surprised GTA V hasn't officially jumped at VR, considering they have first person. But what are some other games, that you'd like to see get VR support? Doesn't Skyrim have a VR option now? I forget. 

I'd like to see VR support for just about every game out there. 😄

Every horror game. I don't think VR would work if the character is jumping and diving around so much. Kind of takes the V out of VR. Because you would have to jump to a third person view in that case. VR is best in 1st person, unless maybe it's a racing game. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

On 1/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, StaceyPowers said:

BioShock 🙂

I could have sworn they made a VR version, but I guess I was wrong. Well, here's hoping they do one of these days. 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:30 PM, staticradio725 said:

My first thought was horror games, and then my next thought was how fun it would be-- if unlikely-- if we got a version of PT that was in VR. I don't think I would ever sleep again xD

Horror games are a given for sure. I think most should lol. It would heighten the scare factor by a lot I imagine. 

On 2/7/2021 at 1:39 AM, Syntax said:

Dying Light, Bioshock would be dope, or even Warzone or any Call of Duty/Battlefield game 

Dying Light would be cool. Not sure about Call of Duty though, as I imagine it would be kind of tough in VR. Moreso towards the motion of the game, as it's more fast paced and I don't see that being a good fit with VR. 

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Every horror game. I don't think VR would work if the character is jumping and diving around so much. Kind of takes the V out of VR. Because you would have to jump to a third person view in that case. VR is best in 1st person, unless maybe it's a racing game. 

Yeah, I feel VR has its limitations, and something like COD for example would be a bit tough to play in VR. I think slower paced experiences are better for VR. But then again, I've yet to try a VR headset myself, so I can't full on judge it yet. 

Well games like American Truck Simulator has Vive support now, with the same setup as ETS2, and that's been like it for a while now, Yet who does it anyway? I mean most don't and have three screen setup.  Team Fortress 2 had a vr mode that was useable on one of the oculus development kits, they even had a hat come out at the time (a vr headset hat) that commemorated the feature.

I have no idea if this is still in the game, or if it works with vive (it should, since it's valve) but I believe it was a command in the console that enabled it.

Can anyone confirm?