Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games so bad they are good?

2 hours ago, m76 said:

This might be a controversial opinion but the Saints Row series. They are terrible cliche fests with awful mechanics, physics, stories, and ridiculousity.

I don't think it's controversial. The game was known to be the step brother of GTA, as they tried so hard to copy them. The controls are a bit outdated these days, and had some dumb missions. I think most of it was as intended. Because if I remember, the character models were laughable. And the series gradually gets more crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I don't think it's controversial. The game was known to be the step brother of GTA, as they tried so hard to copy them. The controls are a bit outdated these days, and had some dumb missions. I think most of it was as intended. Because if I remember, the character models were laughable. And the series gradually gets more crazy. 

I would say that the first one was pretty much blatant ripoff of GTA IV, the second one had a lot more original ideas, and by the third one it had really come into it's own. I personally love the third one, but I can understand that some might not like it as much. 

16 hours ago, Anders said:

I would say that the first one was pretty much blatant ripoff of GTA IV, the second one had a lot more original ideas, and by the third one it had really come into it's own. I personally love the third one, but I can understand that some might not like it as much. 

Idk, I feel like they tried to be a lot more campy, more in line with previous GTA titles like, III, Vice City and San Andreas, at least in regards to the first one. I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's a blatant ripoff though, as the story is completely different, along with the gameplay, graphics and tone. A ripoff would be something that copies nearly everything the other game does. I see the inspiration, because that's very clear, but a ripoff, I just don't see it. 

On 1/29/2021 at 11:54 PM, Kane99 said:

They practically failed at with all their attempts to copy GTA. It's basically bad-bad outcome for them.