Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most boring segments of games you've played?

21 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What are the dullest segments of games you’ve played? For example, the Circle segment of DA: Origins springs to mind for me.

At the very least, definitely the Fade portion of that questline. The first time you play it, it's frustrating. Every subsequent time, you wise up and use a walkthrough, and then it's boring.

For me, any open world game that forces you to travel for ages through nothingness to get to your destination. Mass Effect: Andromeda strikes me as a big offender here, but certain worlds in Dragon Age: Inquisition were also like this. You can't just give me a big empty expanse and sprinkle some enemies in and think I'll be suitably entertained, Bioware!

I hate when a game has long trailing missions. Every Assassin's Creed game came with a bunch of them. And especially in stuff like gta, where sometimes you gotta follow this car, but don't get too close. I just find these types of missions lazy and boring. 

51 minutes ago, staticradio725 said:

At the very least, definitely the Fade portion of that questline. The first time you play it, it's frustrating. Every subsequent time, you wise up and use a walkthrough, and then it's boring.

For me, any open world game that forces you to travel for ages through nothingness to get to your destination. Mass Effect: Andromeda strikes me as a big offender here, but certain worlds in Dragon Age: Inquisition were also like this. You can't just give me a big empty expanse and sprinkle some enemies in and think I'll be suitably entertained, Bioware!

Weirdly, the part of the Circle that bored me were all the non-Fade bits in the tower. I actually kinda liked the Fade, but I was able to be methodical about it and it didn't get too frustrating/confusing.

Totally agreed about the big empty expanses. Thankfully DA Inquisition's expanses are quite beautiful, but they are pretty blah in terms of keeping one engaged at times.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Discs 1 and 4 of FF8 are pretty boring. Disc 1 is mostly just an intro to the game, and in disc 4 all the hell there is to do is get through Ultimecia's castle. you beat bosses to unlock your abilities, and move on to fight one of the easiest bosses in game history.

The game has multiple discs? 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The game has multiple discs? 

FF8 actually had 4 discs. FF7 had 3. Legend Of Dragoon had 4 discs. Remember this was during the PS1 era, and blu-ray discs didn't exist yet, so discs couldn't hold as much information. But after Sony created and patented blu-ray discs, they massively increased the amount of information a disc could hold.

Life is strange is definetly a taste to acquire. I know my friend thought the game was amazing, with cool characters and a good story, but hated the game due to its minimalistic gameplay. I however, loved it all around. Another friend of mine hates everything about it. It definetly depends on who you are.

Then theres No Mans Sky 😛

On 1/31/2021 at 10:42 PM, The Blackangel said:

Discs 1 and 4 of FF8 are pretty boring. Disc 1 is mostly just an intro to the game, and in disc 4 all the hell there is to do is get through Ultimecia's castle. you beat bosses to unlock your abilities, and move on to fight one of the easiest bosses in game history.

So you too had bought the discs of these game. There is a software, after installing you don't have to insert each CD again and again. You can simply copy the files on your drive and the access the game with the software. It's name was I think daeomon tools or something like that. 

I've been playing it since the PS1 era. Until the remaster was out and I got it for my Switch, that's the only way it was available. You couldn't really download it to a PS1. I did start playing it on my PS3, simply because it meant that I no longer had to worry about keeping track of my frickin' memory cards all the damn time.

But I got the dual FF7/FF8 cartridge for my Switch, and play it all the time. It's great to have it portable. Whenever I start jonesing for a fix, I have it right there with me. Also I have 113 DDL's on my Switch and 19 cartridges so I'm not short of any kind of game, and I have an extremely wide variety of game genres.

7 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

So you too had bought the discs of these game. There is a software, after installing you don't have to insert each CD again and again. You can simply copy the files on your drive and the access the game with the software. It's name was I think daeomon tools or something like that. 

There was a time when only the disc were available. There was no other way to play it then other than using the CD's.