Register Now
killamch89

Microsoft Has Already Made Twice The Money They Spent On The Bethesda Studio

In more somewhat interesting news, Microsoft has already made twice the amount of money they spent on acquiring Bethesda. As I had said in a few threads months ago, It was a very smart long-term move by Microsoft because Bethesda has a catalog of games that have a massive following such as the Elder Scrolls and Fallout 4 series. What do you think of this news?

Just because collectively Microsoft have already made twice the money the spend on this since that deal, doesn't mean that aforementioned deal has been worth it to them yet, it's as not simple as that. Buying Zenimax won't be a profitable deal for Microsoft nor it's investors untill that deal makes them money directly on it own, that's how it works. It's goes to show how much Microsoft actuality makes for us all to stare in awe, but is anybody actually that surprised?

19 hours ago, Empire said:

I figured Microsoft would make their money back fast but I didn’t except them to make it back this fast and doubling it. At this point of time they will not stop and keep on earning even more. 

Most of the time VC camp requires the studio or the game which is already in the profit and they just want to run something in auto pilot. they don't fund creativity so they must have done their homework. 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, Empire said:

Microsoft is another big company that always make money and will always though of new and ideas of money earning like any other companies.

They have changed a lot since the new CEO came up. I think they made a lot of changes since their predatory nature of acquisition to being people friendly company. So much so that even some linux guys who hate windows a lot have changed their opinion about them. 

On 1/31/2021 at 7:53 AM, Empire said:

I figured Microsoft would make their money back fast but I didn’t except them to make it back this fast and doubling it. At this point of time they will not stop and keep on earning even more. 

I mean the older Elder Scrolls titles and Fallout Titles apart from Fallout 77(or was it 76) are still selling like hot cakes. I even came across an article about that in recent months. Zenimax on the other hand, I'm not too sure what's up with them.

This would be interesting news if Microsoft wasn't anything more than Xbox Division, but they own Windows OS and all its accoutrements, used by all manner of people. That's going to make an endless stream of money so long as people feel they need Windows versus other operating systems.

Now how much Xbox has made since the acquisition is going to be a much more telling statistic, with the question of how many people are joining Team Green in anticipation for Zenimax properties?

These companies always do background checks on any project they intend investing in, to know it's viability and profitability. So it's not surprising that Microsoft has made far more than they invested within a short period of time.