Register Now
22_22

When did you first start playing PC games?

Throughout most of my life I have spent my time playing games mostly on a console, other than the odd mobile game or Runescape on the computer. I am not sure what the exact reason was for me rarely engaging in PC gaming, but I believe it had something to do with the simplicity of physically holding a gaming controller. However, with the lockdown and all, in recent months I have started to pick up PC gaming more prominent. I do not own a console anymore now so it seemed like the perfect time to start gaming again, but in a different capacity.

So when did you first start playing PC games? Was it before or after console gaming? 

I started playing on PC before consoles, back in 2005 to be specific, i remember getting my hands on an old Dell Prebuilt that had a Pentium 3 inside it and it came with some pretty old games installed such as Donkey Kong and some other similar games, i installed GTA 3 & Vice city on it later.

On 3/24/2021 at 2:07 PM, skyfire said:

Counterstrike and the Project IGI were two games that were pretty much popular among the kids at that time and it was definitely worth it. 

There was also Delta Force: Blackhawk down which I feel was a pretty underrated title. You could also add in Unreal and Quake which really revolutionized the multiplayer aspect of FPS.

I did not get into PC straight away, my young years i seen PCs and yet my family wanted to be to stick away from them, so that was that. Started to use them when I was 9 years in the year of 2004 or 2005. was not always gaming to start of with. Learning allot about PC at that age and then got into little amount of games. With most of us when we all got into PCs like me that we did not have any games to get to play. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, Empire said:

I did not get into PC straight away, my young years i seen PCs and yet my family wanted to be to stick away from them, so that was that. Started to use them when I was 9 years in the year of 2004 or 2005. was not always gaming to start of with. Learning allot about PC at that age and then got into little amount of games. With most of us when we all got into PCs like me that we did not have any games to get to play. 

That's true - most people that I know that got into PCs and PC gaming didn't have any games to play.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:32 AM, killamch89 said:

There was also Delta Force: Blackhawk down which I feel was a pretty underrated title. You could also add in Unreal and Quake which really revolutionized the multiplayer aspect of FPS.

I have a lot of memories of the black hawk down. And the game was pretty fun to play as well. with decent amount of the graphics if you ask me. 

On 4/9/2021 at 1:22 AM, killamch89 said:

That's true - most people that I know that got into PCs and PC gaming didn't have any games to play.

It's not my first but remember getting the very first Halo game on the box edtion dics back in 2009 or later (no idea) not long since the game came out. ANd playe dhours and hours on the game since I did not have many games to pick and play lol

If I remember correctly I started with PC games before consoles. My uncle was a big fan of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft so I would watch him play and eventually he taught me. I've owned consoles on and off but PC games seem to always stick with me.

My husband and I bought our first PC in 1990 when we first got married. We were introduced to games like Doom, Wolfenstein and other similar games a few years later. I remember my husband was playing games the night I went into labor in 1993! Of course he had to play those games with the speakers turned up full blast!

13 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

My husband and I bought our first PC in 1990 when we first got married. We were introduced to games like Doom, Wolfenstein and other similar games a few years later. I remember my husband was playing games the night I went into labor in 1993! Of course he had to play those games with the speakers turned up full blast!

I can't imagine some of the games with full on speakers. especially 1st version of prince of persia.