Register Now
Kane99

Xbox Series X will be in short supply until at least June, Microsoft admits

Well more bad news, but if you were hoping to get an Xbox Series X anytime soon, you may not be able to until June. The reason why? A GPU shortage. It seems as if that's the issue for everyone currently, even on PlayStations side, and many pc manufacturers. I guess this past year and this year, there's been a lot of pc item shortages. So it could be even longer for all we know. 😞 

You can read more about this news here - The Verge

PlayStation and other companies have said the same quite recently so it's an overall shortage. One of the main reasons is the shortage of chips that these devices use and the Covid regulations make it difficult for shipment and other procedures to occur.

Honestly, the amount of XBOX drops I've seen being done lately (here in the UK at least anyway) I wouldn't have been able to tell. The PS5 has been the harder one to get in my experience, took me about 5 weeks of trying to get one, I know people who have been trying to get one for months! I really feel like they shouldn't have released the consoles though until they had some idea around continuous stock but It's all fed into the hype and Sony/Microsoft will love that I suppose! 

The fact that it's 2021 and we can't just have a backorder system on Microsoft.com is insane.

You can go buy a phone or laptop from most other major companies out there, and they will give you an estimate about when you'll receive it. Sometimes it's week's or months out if there is demand. But you can still place your order and wait your turn.

I got so lucky and got mine when there was hardly any of them in stock. Surprised at the fact that stock came in and then it would go out almost immediately. I added it to my cart and stock went out. I couldn't believe that. But I managed to click buy right as stock came in on microsofts site and got lucky. Microsofts main site was the only place I could get one and it's still the best place to try.

On 7/26/2021 at 11:46 PM, Demon_skeith said:

Starting to see this console in stock, its either getting the needed parts in to be made or people aren't on board buying it like the PS5. 

It's actually supply levels that have gone up since mid 2021 so we're starting to see more PS5s available...

Its simply sad that covid19 caused the shortage of the video game stocks. Since movement is restricted mainly in the countries where the video game companies live, it made produce more of the consoles. Now I'm certain it is not like before, the restriction have been relaxed a little bit making the console stock rising in the market, more releases have come in. 

Even up till this time a year after the Xbox series X is still a scarce commodity here, though if you take your time out to search for it on numerous online stores or local stores you might bump into one. But if you are ordering online it takes about two weeks to reach and it easily runs out of stock in local stores.

I was talking to a Gamestop employee yesterday, and he said that they get the Series X in on occasion, but usually get around 2 of them. The Series S is readily in supply virtually everywhere. The Series X, for whatever reason, is not. Why, I don't know, unless the X takes different components than the S. Excluding disc drives, for the sake of conversation. Maybe it's the design. I hate it personally. A damn concrete block is not something I find attractive. At least the S has a decent design.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:45 PM, The Blackangel said:

I was talking to a Gamestop employee yesterday, and he said that they get the Series X in on occasion, but usually get around 2 of them. The Series S is readily in supply virtually everywhere. The Series X, for whatever reason, is not. Why, I don't know, unless the X takes different components than the S. Excluding disc drives, for the sake of conversation. Maybe it's the design. I hate it personally. A damn concrete block is not something I find attractive. At least the S has a decent design.

The Series X is the more popular of the two so that's why it's harder to find anywhere. It's not much of a surprise really - any tech product that's extremely popular is very difficult to get a hold of. Not to go off topic but the Steam Deck is the same issue.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Series X is the more popular of the two so that's why it's harder to find anywhere. It's not much of a surprise really - any tech product that's extremely popular is very difficult to get a hold of. Not to go off topic but the Steam Deck is the same issue.

It's always that way. I was at the mall the other day, and a game store there (Vintage Stock) had both a Series X and a PS5 for sale. I would have bought the X but they would only sell it if you bought a game that was at least $60 and a brand new controller (which is about $70) with it. In total, it was more than $800 for the damn thing. They wouldn't sell just the system. It was the same situation with the PS5. Bullshit if you ask me, so I pretty much said "fuck you" to that.

12 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's always that way. I was at the mall the other day, and a game store there (Vintage Stock) had both a Series X and a PS5 for sale. I would have bought the X but they would only sell it if you bought a game that was at least $60 and a brand new controller (which is about $70) with it. In total, it was more than $800 for the damn thing. They wouldn't sell just the system. It was the same situation with the PS5. Bullshit if you ask me, so I pretty much said "fuck you" to that.

To be honest, Best Buy and a few others have same kind of system in place for more popular tech products. You have to buy everything in a bundle of their choice which I was never going to agree to.

This scarcity didn't persist like what we had with the Playstation 5 that is still not readily available. The Xbox Series X has not done much sales and in some cases, I think it is core Xbox consoles fans, like us, that can do more just to get it.

Where i live the series x is becoming more and more avaible i've seen it in a few stores here and there where you can just grab one, even a couple of local online stores like bol.com have it in stock.

Ps5 on the other hand i've yet to see one for sale well at normal retail price.

Edited by Yaramaki