Register Now
Kane99

Classic games that should be on mobile phones

What games would you guys like to see ported to mobile? Maybe some classic PS3/Xbox 360 games, or even games on last gen consoles? We already got the likes of GTA San Andreas, GTA III, and I think Vice City as well? I forget. Anyway, I'd love to see GTA IV on mobile, maybe even all the saint's row games. Even Half Life 2 would be dope on a smart phone. What do you guys think though?

15 minutes ago, Empire said:

Classic games that has alway been on mobile or games that should be made for mobile apps? I mean don't mine seeing Jetpack joyride again 😉 I mean thaat was good.

You can still play Jetpack Joyride, I played it just the other day! Such a great game.

I really like that Rockstar have made most of their classic games available on mobile. I've played quite a bit of San Andreas on my phone, and I just recently bought Bully again. Paired with a bluetooth controller it's a pretty damn good gaming experience.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Where, exactly, did you pick up the delusion that PS3/Xbox 360 era is “classic”?

I just need to know, so I don’t have to read more faerie tales.

Are you saying that nothing from that generation can be considered "classic"? I consider RDR1, Skyrim, Ass Creed 2, Batman Arkham Series, GTA IV, COD 4, Bioshock, Dishonored, Alan Wake and various other games as classics from that gen, shall I go on? Because there's a shit ton of classics from that generation. Especially considering that those consoles came out all the way back in 2005/2006. 

On 2/2/2021 at 7:35 AM, Empire said:

Classic games that has alway been on mobile or games that should be made for mobile apps? I mean don't mine seeing Jetpack joyride again 😉 I mean thaat was good.

Games that should be made into a mobile version for smartphones. 

Fifteen years is “all the way back” in your eyes? How young are you? Fifteen years ago, I was living in my first home after spending 3 years in a warehouse. I had my first meal that wasn’t cold pizza dug out of a dumpster.

The term “All the way back” should have 30 years attached to it, or at the absolute bare minimum, 20.

You and I are obviously from different times that had very different ways of thinking.

Either way, you damn millennial kids are weird.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:15 PM, The Blackangel said:

Fifteen years is “all the way back” in your eyes? How young are you? Fifteen years ago, I was living in my first home after spending 3 years in a warehouse. I had my first meal that wasn’t cold pizza dug out of a dumpster.

The term “All the way back” should have 30 years attached to it, or at the absolute bare minimum, 20.

You and I are obviously from different times that had very different ways of thinking.

Either way, you damn millennial kids are weird.

lol I don't think "all the way back" has a definite time frame to it. I could say all the way back in high school, or all the way back 3 years ago, doesn't matter. And 15 years is quite a long time in console years, considering we're on the 9th generation of consoles.

And if you must know I'm 31. The topic wasn't just for 360/ps3 or newer games though. You're free to discuss any "Classic" games you want to see on smartphones, and yes, games from that generation can be considered classics at this point. I just threw up examples. I figured also, retro games are already mostly supported, or possible with emulators, so I mentioned newer consoles because we don't see many PS3/360 games on mobile phones just yet. 

Could say the same about you boomers. 😄👍

I think classic is something we call when some things are discontinued. Not something that just changes from one version to another. Like a lot of nintendo, sega and other consoles which are discontinued. and they are now called classic. I thinlk a lot of games from that discontinued line are now ported to PC and mobile. 

FF any game would do though the older turn based one would be pretty boring for current generation and they may not like it. But if you are purely into classic then house of dead, doom and few other platformer can be good too. 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, skyfire said:

FF any game would do though the older turn based one would be pretty boring for current generation and they may not like it. But if you are purely into classic then house of dead, doom and few other platformer can be good too. 

Not really - there are plenty of turn-based RPGs for mobile platforms. If I remember correctly, I think there's a mobile version of doom. Also, there are emulators for Android.