Register Now
m76

What do you think about console makers raising the price of new games?

What do you think about console makers raising the price of new games?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will you still buy games at full price?

• Yes, no matter the cost
    • Yes, but only up ro $90
    • Yes, up to $80
    • Yes, up to $70
    • No, I would not buy games for more than $60
  2. 2. If no, would you wait for them to be discounted or never buy them?

• Wait until it gets discounted to $60
    • Wait until it is $50
    • Wait until $40
    • Wait until its even cheaper
    • Would never buy them
    • I voted yes on the first. aka blank vote.

I'm not comfortable buying games even at $60 only a very few select titles do I spend that kind of money on. For the rest of the games I usually wait until about $45.

Edited by m76

I already subscribe to the "patient gamers" mindset so I'm continuing to save money playing and buying games that are older than six months. As neither spoilers nor the day one experience have no impact on me, I don't really care much for getting games brand new upon release. Plus the fact I'm used to digital versions of games costing £59.99 at launch for the past ~4 years, so this 'news' of them being $70 at launch isn't at all surprising or bothersome to me.

So far I've had a pretty good experience with games that are not new because the ones I buy have added DLC and the patches are all fixed. Recently, I've gotten a couple new games and yep, bugs crawling around glitching left and right with expensive DLC. I see absolutely no reason buying new games, let alone at an even higher price. I can see how a person may be really excited to get a new game though. I'm just new to the world of bugs. 

If they are going to go more expensive, I as a consumer demand it to be gold lined with platinum wrappers. Add DLC, gear, or remastered extra games in the series as a bundle from get go. I am the almighty; the all powerful...consumer. I control the world. So I won't buy it. 

I haven't purchased a new game in years. I got some games from friends so I wouldn't count those. I don't even buy most games priced at $60 these days. It has to be a really good game for me to shell out that amount. As well, I have stuff like Gamepass and I never feel like I need to even buy games anymore. And if I really want to buy a game, I often wait for a sale, or buy it used. 

I can't imagine spending $60 on a new game. Even $40 feels like highway robbery sometimes. Especially when you consider that most new releases still have a ton of bugs that will end up being patched out later. And when you consider that that new release doesn't even include DLC or anything, it's just the vanilla game.

That's the one sad thing about games being digital these days. No more buying used copies of games in the bargain bin at Walmart 😞

I would be fine paying a little bit more for new game that than typical in the past if it wasn't for the fact that new games are only getting worse with the special editions, microtransactions and DLC. Games being rushed out the door too early don't really factor into wether or not I'm willing to pay more money, but more onto my willingness to buy them at launch or them at all. I try to avoid that these days.

Depends on the game and how demending you are in wanted the game 🙂 I mean I was so hyped up about Microsoft Flight sim that I brought it for £80 🙂 And even brought another £50 worth of gear to go with the flight. But end of the day if the money is lacking than again when I see the game I try and ge tthe best and cheapest deal, by waiting for sales or getting the game from other thired party game stores, like HRK and or key stores.

£30 game can be get at £20, £10 off 🙂 

Well, to me everything depends on the kind of new video that is being talked about getting. If it's something that is worth $60+, then it wouldn't be a bad thing to buy it. But if I can get it at discounted price, it's a lot cooler. 

The weird part to me is when crowd funded games add such ridiculous prices, don't you want your game to be played. I get it 60$ x 100000 players is nice, but if you do the math 20$ x 1 mil players would be better wouldn't it? If your game is fun people will buy it, but if it's sort of fun and over priced, people will leave bad reviews on it.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:05 AM, Syntax said:

$70 a game seems like a ton, esp. when they make you pay for DLC. $60 is already enough when some DLC is $20-30 more.

It's actually a fact that some of these new games don't worth the price. Only a few of them does, so making the right call is very important.