Register Now
Vaporpublico

Survival horror is the best horror.

Survival is fine, but I can't get into any where I can't defend myself. I don't like that the only option is to run away and hide and wait for an opening. That's why I could never get into the Outlast series. 

I prefer a psychological twist, or premise. I just feel it works so much better in a horror game. 

Outlast is great, and cheap. Cheapest high production and has a real unique feel. Resident Evil remake fine, also cheap, not the scariest, but it is the closest to a true "survival" experience, it's a true classic if you never played it. Alien Isolation is probably one of the most tense and nerve racking of all. Really great game, but a lot of stress. Dying Light also a great game to get, it isn't all that scary, except for at night. But it is thrilling, tons of tomfoolery to get into, tons to do and scavenge for. There's Last of Us, supreme game if you haven't played it. Its a must play, but not the scariest on the list. Last is The Evil Within, I liked this one, it really had that fucked up feeling you'd get when playing Silent Hill, but a huge difficulty and a few other things keep it from being as amazing as it could have been.

I'm a huge horror fan, haven't missed any titles for the PC so far.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, Shole said:

Survival is a great with mix but I think the best horror games are psychological. You just can't beat that, you get used to survival.

This is exactly what I had in mind when it comes to just playing survival horror video games. You will definitely get used to it sooner or later but never with psychological horror games. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This is exactly what I had in mind when it comes to just playing survival horror video games. You will definitely get used to it sooner or later but never with psychological horror games. 

Yup, it's always like oh no I am out of food, and a couple of game hours you are like "damn I need to go to place X again for food/water".

Just now, Shole said:

Yup, it's always like oh no I am out of food, and a couple of game hours you are like "damn I need to go to place X again for food/water".

Haha, it never gets better than that. psychological horror games are too impressive for me. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Haha, it never gets better than that. psychological horror games are too impressive for me. 

I didn't play one for a while, but I might try to find a new one, got a suggestion?

P.s. to stay on topic, yeah you can't replace something that scars you xD

26 minutes ago, Shole said:

I didn't play one for a while, but I might try to find a new one, got a suggestion?

P.s. to stay on topic, yeah you can't replace something that scars you xD

It's never possible in a million years. Once it gets your fear grip, it's definitely going to be staying with you.