Register Now
Vaporpublico

My xbox 360 got the red ring

On 2/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kane99 said:

You're better off just getting a used 360 than getting it repaired. I see them all over facebook and shop sites for really cheap. If you had the original 360, maybe it's time to upgrade to the slim model. 

Totally agree with this advice or if you can squeeze a bit extra, he should be able to get a used Xbox one and that'll last him a bit longer.

It lasted 5 years without getting RROD, that is quite amazing as I heard that so many people would get it after such a short span of time of having the console, I know with me it was only a few months of me having my console that I got the RROD. What did you do when you got the RROD? I am not sure so far on that Microsoft would still be doing repairs or even replacements like they were in the beginning when it was a huge problem. So glad you got good life out of it before it decided to RROD!

It means death right..?

Not sure if anyone here has seen Microsoft's documentary series on the History of Xbox, but they've finally fessed up as to what the cause was.

Turns out that the solder connecting components inside the chips themselves were not very tolerant of rapid changes in temperature (IE, running your console until it got hot, then turning it off for a while to cool down, rinse repea

Edited by Empire

On 11/15/2022 at 7:25 AM, Empire said:

It means death right..?

Not sure if anyone here has seen Microsoft's documentary series on the History of Xbox, but they've finally fessed up as to what the cause was.

Turns out that the solder connecting components inside the chips themselves were not very tolerant of rapid changes in temperature (IE, running your console until it got hot, then turning it off for a while to cool down, rinse repea

Yep - he'll have to get something else. And to think that Xbox has the audacity to be selling a poster of it for $25. I mean, we can laugh about it now but back then, it was no laughing matter.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:42 PM, Shortie said:

It lasted 5 years without getting RROD, that is quite amazing as I heard that so many people would get it after such a short span of time of having the console, I know with me it was only a few months of me having my console that I got the RROD. What did you do when you got the RROD? I am not sure so far on that Microsoft would still be doing repairs or even replacements like they were in the beginning when it was a huge problem. So glad you got good life out of it before it decided to RROD!

Microsoft so do better and try to make their consoles a lot more durable and long lasting as that wouldn't stop fabs from getting newer consoles when they are released or maybe want something else for a change.