Register Now
FiremanDan

PC or PS5? Or both?

Hi all. I just purchased my first gaming pc ever, just because I wanted the “pc experience”. I’ve been using console for the past 20 years of my life. I currently have a PS4...but don’t know if I should buy the new PS5 since I have a pc now. My pc specs:

Ryzen 7 2700 @ 4.10GHz

16GB DDR4 3200mhz RAM

GTX 1070 8GB

256GB SSD

1TB HDD

Gigabyte B450 Motherboard

550W Gamdias PSU 80+ Bronze

Gamdias Talos M1a

The only reason I see myself buying a ps5 is just for the exclusive games. But then again...I would like to have a collection of ps5 disc cases for show. No point of having the same games on the same platforms though. Thoughts?

Edited by FiremanDan

Have both. I think you would benefit from a lot of indie games if you choose the PC. And console is already a winner for it's own platform supported games. PS 5 would be having a lot of interesting games on it and some PC based games wont work there. So have both. 

I am on a gaming PC, so I would end up with both. Assuming the PS5 has anything to offer that actually interests me. Specs don't really mean shit because it's an alien language to me. So everything that @FiremanDan listed, is nothing to help me, and I don't even know if he's talking about his PC being better or worse than a PS5. Simple stuff, dumbed down would be the way to talk to me in this area.

Reverse compatible
Improved graphics
Faster processor

And so on, in that manner. Not

On 2/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, FiremanDan said:

Ryzen 7 2700 @ 4.10GHz

16GB DDR4 3200mhz RAM

GTX 1070 8GB

256GB SSD

1TB HDD

Gigabyte B450 Motherboard

550W Gamdias PSU 80+ Bronze

Gamdias Talos M1a

I have no fucking clue what I'm reading. I also have no clue if that stuff there is bad, ok, good, amazing, phenominal, or pure shit.

You will be surprised that they are many more games on PC more than consoles. There are far more PC games library than anything else. Each day there are new games and each day they are all for PC. I mean seen games get released on PC way before other consoles.

Their is nothing wring having both game consoles running in your house. But i prefer play station consoles than the pc type. So I'll choose PS5 than the PC version. I can't even have time to play my PC when i have PS5 working perfectly cos the game play is super.

If you are capable of affording them, then i would say just get a PS5 as well, for the price, PS5 is offering a very decent performance, that a PC equivalent would cost you much more, but gaming on PC has its own vibe and uniqueness

On 2/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, Empire said:

You will be surprised that they are many more games on PC more than consoles. There are far more PC games library than anything else. Each day there are new games and each day they are all for PC. I mean seen games get released on PC way before other consoles.

I have to agree more developers choose to release for the PC than the console. and there is more profit for them on the PC instead of the console. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have to agree more developers choose to release for the PC than the console. and there is more profit for them on the PC instead of the console. 

The game like Valheim that's being sold over again for people on PC 😉 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Sorry, but that makes no sence. Console exclusives are what they are and serve a purpose other that just making money on their own, so they're a different matter, for any other game what makes the most sense in the name of making money is to sell on both console and PC. When games launch, at least primarily, on PC it's because literally anyone can do with little scrutiny and quality checks. In other words, it's easy. People defend the lack of quality control on platforms like Steam, but the "open policy" is not a good thing and is mostly a source of problems. If someone actually dose value quantity over quality then that's perfectly fine, I just don't. Not I'm complaining though, I do like how the PC market filters out the garbage so the only the good indie's find their way to console, it makes things easier.