Register Now
FiremanDan

First PC - rate my specs?

I bought my first gaming pc ever. I think I did a decent job with my parts. Let me know what you guys think. Specs:

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 8-core @ 4.10GHz

GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 8 GB (EVGA edition)

RAM - 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 3200MHz (64GB max)

Storage - 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Seagate HDD

Case - Gamdias Talos M14 Mid tower RGB tempered glass

Power supply - 550 WATT Gamdias 80+ Bronze

Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M AM4 USB 3.1

What do you guys think? Is this decent for a beginner setup?

You brought it or you brought the parts and build your PC togather and what made you get that PC? was it new or secondhand.

Not bad specs, but I would go with newer hardware like the 3000 series, then again cost factor so 1600 series. 

On 2/13/2021 at 9:17 PM, Patrik said:

Pretty decent rig :), this is more than a mid range gaming build that should stand you atleast few more years to come, have fun!

Ryzen 7 is definitely above mid range lol. but yeah I agree with you on this spec lasting few more years unless some games damage it with big config. 

14 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Ryzen 7 is definitely above mid range lol. but yeah I agree with you on this spec lasting few more years unless some games damage it with big config. 

I said that because the R7 2700 isn't a new CPU but should be capable of gaming for gaming just fine, that's why, being a Ryzen doesn't always mean it's the best possible as it can still be outperformed by a Ryzen 5 2600x

On 2/15/2021 at 1:40 PM, Patrik said:

I said that because the R7 2700 isn't a new CPU but should be capable of gaming for gaming just fine, that's why, being a Ryzen doesn't always mean it's the best possible as it can still be outperformed by a Ryzen 5 2600x

True. I think every new ryzen processors seems to be taking their class ahead of the intel i series. 

I would get 5TB 🙂 And have them SSDs and M.2 drives. Games are getting more high demanding and it's about speed. HDD are good but they are starting to become a bacup mass storage drives and SSD are for OS and high demanding games and software.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:12 AM, killamch89 said:

I think you should've gone with a 2060 or 2070 instead but overall

They might not even be out when he did this PC 😛 then again I would go with 3000 series or 1600 series as they are new cards out on the market and better price point. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:59 AM, Empire said:

I would get 5TB 🙂 And have them SSDs and M.2 drives. Games are getting more high demanding and it's about speed. HDD are good but they are starting to become a bacup mass storage drives and SSD are for OS and high demanding games and software.

They might not even be out when he did this PC 😛 then again I would go with 3000 series or 1600 series as they are new cards out on the market and better price point. 

3000 series cards are so overpriced and scarce right now so that's why I recommended the 2070. I've been trying to get my hands on one for the past 4 months and still nothing.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

3000 series cards are so overpriced and scarce right now so that's why I recommended the 2070. I've been trying to get my hands on one for the past 4 months and still nothing.

Yes, it's not cheap. The cost of the new cards are crazy and they are still going up in price. Partly since they are all out of stock and having a bad time getting chips to the manufacturers, then Bitcoin mining has started again, bigger than before, and so they bought up real fast when they can get there hands on the new 3000 series cards.