Register Now
Tool920

Are there any Linux gamers here?

On 2/11/2021 at 5:41 PM, Empire said:

Used to me, But not anymore. Just PC gamer. That being said that I can install Ubuntu onto a VA software 😛 

Yep and that still makes you PC gamer. Windows and Linux both come under PC. Only Mac is alien. 

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

I don't think there is any around here, Gaming on Linux is a pretty rare thing (even if it exists)

Maybe not many at this forum, but there is a community of gamers who only use Linux. I wouldn't even say it's a rare thing at this point. It's not as widely supported as Windows, but it's getting their with support from the community and more studios supporting it. Steam works with Linux, and there are ways of making some games work on Linux. It just takes some work to get it working. 

27 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Maybe not many at this forum, but there is a community of gamers who only use Linux. I wouldn't even say it's a rare thing at this point. It's not as widely supported as Windows, but it's getting their with support from the community and more studios supporting it. Steam works with Linux, and there are ways of making some games work on Linux. It just takes some work to get it working. 

i meant not that much in VGR for sure, there's a subreddit for that in case someone is interested :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/

On 2/13/2021 at 12:26 PM, Kane99 said:

True but the majority still uses Windows because it's more user friendly and is more widely supported by most software companies. I've tried using it before and even some of the most basic commands are quite confusing. It needs to be user-friendly before it can be widely supported.