Register Now
Kane99

Is the Switch the best Nintendo Console ever?

Do you guys think the Switch is the best Nintendo Console yet? According to VGCulture HQ it is. Do you agree? I get why someone would say it, as the Switch has brought back Nintendo from it's past generations. The Wii U was a failure, but the Switch helped Nintendo rebound big time. 

Anyway, I think the only problem I see with the switch is joycon drift and the small buttons (for me personally). But other than that, I do agree that Nintendo may have found their best console yet with the Switch. 

On 3/9/2021 at 11:21 PM, Syntax said:

I’d say yes, but the GameBoy was really what set the industry in terms of handheld gaming in my opinion. 

That's a good call as well because it really did revolutionize the handheld industry and is what gives Nintendo it's unrivalled dominance in handheld gaming. 

I think I would have to agree with the others that there is something about the SNES experience that makes me choose it as the best console. The Nintendo Switch is definitely a VERY close second. I just love the convenience of being able to play both docked and handheld. The game options are amazing! I love that generally games tend to be family friendly. I don't have a lot of time to play games anymore so it's great having a nice collection of titles that I can pick up on the fly and play a short 15-20 minute session. 

I'm inclined to agree that the Switch is a good console, but by no means their best.  I would rank the NES and SNES above it, with the SNES having the edge as the best console at this point.  So many iconic games and series launched from both the NES and SNES they will likely always be their top two consoles.

I think from a sales perspective, the Switch is probably going to be the greatest selling Nintendo console in time. As for it being the best in my personal opinion, I would have to disagree. I personally think the Gamecube was the best console, despite it not selling well. I had many great memories playing my Gamecube and I used to have the Gameboy Player which opened up another library of games for me to enjoy. It's how I played most Gen 6 games since I didn't get a PS2 until about 2006 and didn't have a Xbox until a few years ago.

I wouldn't say it is the best console ever from Nintendo as that I believe is the NES and it will take a lot to beat that. I do believe in terms of gaming now it is more convenient and does give gamers another option for a game console over the others that are on the market but at the moment, I do not think it is the best Nintendo console yet. 

On 4/16/2023 at 3:46 PM, Shortie said:

I wouldn't say it is the best console ever from Nintendo as that I believe is the NES and it will take a lot to beat that. I do believe in terms of gaming now it is more convenient and does give gamers another option for a game console over the others that are on the market but at the moment, I do not think it is the best Nintendo console yet. 

I'd argue that the Switch is in a market of its own as it's the only hybrid gaming console currently on the market that sells. It's portable but can turn into a proper console with the dock.