Register Now
Kane99

What video game company stock would you invest in?

With the recent news about Gamestop stock blowing up, and then falling right back down, it got me thinking. What video games or gaming companies would you actually invest in if you could? I obviously wouldn't put money in Gamestop anytime, soon, but I'm sure there are some studios, publishers and even games that have stocks worth investing in. 

I don't have the knowledge of stocks, so I doubt I'd ever try to invest. 

Activision-Blizzard. For all the videos people do on their stock price going down when they do an oopsie, commentators constantly fail to mention their stock price going up immediately after a controversy has moved on. Without fail, ATVI soars mere days after reports of an unpopular hotfix or patch or a dodgy expansion launch, and currently shows no signs of stopping.

How do you all see Sony and Nintendo doing in 2021? I have recently been getting into stocks and as of now, May 2021, the prices of these stocks seem to be on the lower end. If I invest now are there any events/releases that might bump up their stocks in the near future?

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I'd go for Microsoft right now.  I think the Series X/S is going to be a late bloomer.

Being that Microsoft has dominated the PC market for decades, there's no way their stock is going to be a bad choice to invest in. But personally, I don't think the Series X/S is going to impress very many people. I've already seen dozens of people on Craigslist trying to trade their X/S for a PS5, or to sell it for the money to order one, even if it's at a loss to them. People are actually actively trying to get rid of the system. I see it flopping. Not Stadia flopping, but flopping nonetheless. I just don't have any faith in the system.

Edited by The Blackangel

18 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Being that Microsoft has dominated the PC market for decades, there's no way their stock is going to be a bad choice to invest in. But personally, I don't think the Series X/S is going to impress very many people. I've already seen dozens of people on Craigslist trying to trade their X/S for a PS5, or to sell it for the money to order one, even if it's at a loss to them. People are actually actively trying to get rid of the system. I see it flopping. Not Stadia flopping, but flopping nonetheless. I just don't have any faith in the system.

That's true right now because there are no exclusive games on the system.  A few years down the line when some of those big exclusives start coming from studios like Bethesda (Elder Scrolls VI), Ninja Theory (Hellblade 2) and The Initiative (Perfect Dark) the market ls going to swing back their way.

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'd go for Microsoft right now.  I think the Series X/S is going to be a late bloomer.

I tend to agree - Microsoft has been making some serious moves in the gaming industry in the last few years. In addition to that, Xbox Gamepass is blowing up like crazy and with the addition of Bethesda to their roster, it'll gain a lot more popularity going forward.