Register Now
Kane99

Nintendo Forced Cancellation of Near-Finished Goldeneye 007 Remake

Of course they did. Remember the news of the Xbox 360 Goldeneye 007 remake? Well, the reason why it never came to be, was because Nintendo said no, that they weren't putting a Nintendo game on a Microsoft console. 

You can read all about it here - Nintendo Link

Seems pretty odd considering Perfect Dark and other Nintendo games are on Xbox consoles because of their purchase of Rare. I also didn't think Nintendo holds any rights to the 007 Goldeneye name. But I could be wrong. 

Just now, Ayokex said:

Actually Nintendo know what they are doing by making such a decision. This happens to be reputable organization and whatever their decision is should be respected.

Not necessarily. Nintendo have an unfortunate, but very well earned reputation for being over zealous when it comes to protecting their IP's and not understanding ho bet use modem social media and media sharing to mutually benefit both themselves and fans. They've made more than their fair share of mistakes (cough.. cough... WiiU... cough) and can't seem too adapt to change as easily as other companies.

7 hours ago, Ayokex said:

Actually Nintendo know what they are doing by making such a decision. This happens to be reputable organization and whatever their decision is should be respected.

They're within their rights to do what they've done in recent years. But, it's hurting their image when they take town fan made projects that were never going to be released for pay anyway. I'd understand if some dude tried to sell a game with Nintendo characters, but that's a different story. 

They're losing respect from fans because of how they do things.