Register Now
Kane99

Police Simulator: Patrol Officers announced

Want to be a cop, but in virtual form? Look no further than Police Simulator: Patrol Officers a new Police simulator from Aesir Interactive and astragon Entertainment. It's not to be confused with other Police Simulators on Steam for example, as this is a different studio. 

Watch the trailer below. Is this something you'd buy? 

Name any of the seemingly endless series "simulator" games out there, odds are this company published it. This is nothing new, and with all due respect, nothing interesting. At least Police 1013's development has been such a spectacular train wreck that it made discussion of the game interesting.

Besides, if you're gonna create a game whare you role play as a police officer, why make it a simulation of what is, in reality, quite a boring, bureaucratic job? Games like Farming Simulator and Construction Simulator (1,2 and 3, all published by the same company, btw) are at least boring because that's the limits of the reality they emulate, it's not the fault of the game. But in a police sim', there is no such excuse because there is exiting fantasy lurking around such a concept that this game clearly has no intention to embrace. The trailer makes the game look even more boring that I had even feared.

I checked out the developer, and honestly, there's very little to say. Based in Germany with a handle of indie's that don't connect to this game in any way. They're not responsible for this game's identity and were clearly a developer for hire. This just another Astragon "Simulator". It could have been made by just about anyone and it would be exactly the same.

Sorry to be so harsh @Kane99, but I don't really understand why you even posted this. Your post reads like a promotion of a dull rendition of an unoriginal concept that'll likely be forgotten even before it comes out. That's why I've gone to this length with this much detail in creating this reply, because I need you understand why I don't understand why you're excited for this. So, why are you excited for this, especially over other police games?

14 hours ago, Shagger said:

Name any of the seemingly endless series "simulator" games out there, odds are this company published it. This is nothing new, and with all due respect, nothing interesting. At least Police 1013's development has been such a spectacular train wreck that it made discussion of the game interesting.

There are endless police games already. Flashing lights is kown as a very good game. Then there is "Police Simulator: Patrol Duty" that the reviwers are mixed. 1013 is stil on going, I mean I remeber when they first went public back in 2012 and the dev at the time did not like me 😛 and till this day it's still being worked on and still not out and end of the day people just gave up and said flip them. 

14 hours ago, Shagger said:

I checked out the developer, and honestly, there's very little to say. Based in Germany with a handle of indie's that don't connect to this game in any way. They're not responsible for this game's identity and were clearly a developer for hire. This just another Astragon "Simulator". It could have been made by just about anyone and it would be exactly the same.

They are good, they made FIreFighter sim 🙂 and Construction Simulator 2015, even that it's not supported and crashes in multiplayer .

Game is added to my wishlist and I'll follow the game to se what the endless reuilts are. 

20 hours ago, Shagger said:

Besides, if you're gonna create a game whare you role play as a police officer, why make it a simulation of what is, in reality, quite a boring, bureaucratic job? Games like Farming Simulator and Construction Simulator (1,2 and 3, all published by the same company, btw) are at least boring because that's the limits of the reality they emulate, it's not the fault of the game. But in a police sim', there is no such excuse because there is exiting fantasy lurking around such a concept that this game clearly has no intention to embrace. The trailer makes the game look even more boring that I had even feared.

That's the point of a simulation game though. The boring/mundane jobs are part of that. 

20 hours ago, Shagger said:

Sorry to be so harsh @Kane99, but I don't really understand why you even posted this. Your post reads like a promotion of a dull rendition of an unoriginal concept that'll likely be forgotten even before it comes out. That's why I've gone to this length with this much detail in creating this reply, because I need you understand why I don't understand why you're excited for this. So, why are you excited for this, especially over other police games?

I'm not allowed to post this or something? I saw it was announced, I figured I'd post about it. Sorry if it sounds like a promo, that was not my intention. I just wanted to provide more context on the game. I also didn't see any other topics pertaining to police simulators here. So it was wide open for discussion. As well, you may think these sorts of games aren't popular, but you'd be wrong. These games have a community of gamers/fans all over the world. Hell, look at GTA V, many people only roleplay as police officers in that, so it's not far off that a police sim would be of interest to some people. 

I'm excited for it because it interests me. And I've never played any of the other police sims out there, so I'm fresh to the genre. 

Edited by Shagger

57 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

That's the point of a simulation game though. The boring/mundane jobs are part of that. 

I'm not allowed to post this or something? I saw it was announced, I figured I'd post about it. Sorry if it sounds like a promo, that was not my intention. I just wanted to provide more context on the game. I also didn't see any other topics pertaining to police simulators here. So it was wide open for discussion. As well, you may think these sorts of games aren't popular, but you'd be wrong. These games have a community of gamers/fans all over the world. Hell, look at GTA V, many people only roleplay as police officers in that, so it's not far off that a police sim would be of interest to some people. 

I'm excited for it because it interests me. And I've never played any of the other police sims out there, so I'm fresh to the genre. 

Of course you're allowed to post about this, and I'm not accusing you of anything. So, calm down. I'm just trying to get a dialogue going that might help me understand the appeal of the kinds of games, because I just get them.

I get the appeal of GTA because that's an indulgence into that fantasy of the danger of being in the criminal underworld. It's a world that's mad, fun, over the top and exciting because it's a fantasy. An accurate simulation of patrolling, doing traffic stops and filling out paperwork is none of those things because it's a simulation. There are indeed people who roleplay as cops in GTA5, but how may more are role playing as bank robbers, gangsters or salt of the earth, good old lunatics? But whatever people choose to do, what they definitely don't choose is to embrace the tedious. Like these guys, they're not doing the mundane stuff, they're goofing around, as so they should:

This is what I found when I went to YouTube and played the first video that came up. Another thing that's important, like I said, is world that GTA has explore, it's not the one we experience in everyday life. The very first thing in this clip is a police recruitment poster that reads:

• Short Career
  • Long Retirement
  • Full Pension
  • Free Gun

That's the world of GTA. It's a joke, a parody, a fantasy. That's what makes games fun, by offering all the glamour and empowerments of a roleplay without the without having to deal with the tedium, the consequences and the responsibility.

That's why games like Police Simulator don't make sense to me because, as far as I can tell, they offer the exact opposite.

27 minutes ago, Shagger said:

That's the world of GTA. It's a joke, a parody, a fantasy. That's what makes games fun, by offering all the glamour and empowerments of a roleplay without the without having to deal with the tedium, the consequences and the responsibility.

That's why games like Police Simulator don't make sense to me because, as far as I can tell, they offer the exact opposite.

That's exactly what I was thinking. An actual police simulator will have to deal with a lot of boring tasks. Most cops never even had to use their guns. But if they really want realism in a police simulator, they should throw in drunks they take off the street covered in puke. Take them down to the dirty jail and strip them down naked, and give them a shower. Throw in some ill equipped psychological training to deal with domestic disturbances you have no idea how to handle. Then practice hiding zones to catch drivers not wearing a seatbelt as they make a u-turn under the highway. I would say for the most part, there isn't action. But if your character was in the city area, you really wouldn't like driving back and forth to the city jail and deal with all the things. Then when you become desensitized to it all, and listen to your peers make fun of their arrests, you just might be the next to lose it and hurt someone. 

3 minutes ago, Ayokex said:

This would be a very good development because it will seriously reduce all sorts of human errors such as accidental discharge or misfire but the major concern about this is the fear of cyber attacks on those EA.

What?

First, assuming you're referring to an accidental discharge or misfire of a gun, that would be a mechanical failure, not a human error. Second, what has any of this got to do with cyber attacks or EA?

If you take another perspective think of it like this. Some games like GTA are made anti-cop and anti -establishment and then there is police simulator lol. So yeah kind of the option to play both side of the fence. Though not something I'd enjoy considering my niche and the liking has changed a lot over the years.