Register Now
Kane99

Is there drug testing to join an esports league?

With esports becoming more important these days, it got me thinking, do people joining teams have to do drug tests? I figure since it's kind of becoming an actual job, that some organizations may require a drug test. 

I know it sounds odd, but I can totally see this sort of thing happening if it hasn't already. Especially with how people have cheated in these events, so I can see them making drug tests a priority. 

What do you guys think?

Does a paid reviewer need a drug test? If there was a need at all I would think they would be more pressed because they write. They may need to be tested if their writings are all screwball if you know what I mean. Don't see how esports would need it unless there is some sort of contract for the team if they depended on each other. That would only make sense if there was actual rewards to be won. If I were to join a team to win $100,000 then damn right show me proof you are in it body mind and soul. No rewards? Pass it to the left. Or right. But I don't know how esports work. 

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

I know you're just asking out of curiosity, but aware that, in certain circles, that's a very alarming question to ask. 

Well I do partake in cannabis personally, so I'm curious if they would allow me in an esports league. 😄 I figure they probably don't care much for cannabis and focus more on the extreme stuff. 

I do not even know, I mean that if you feel like you play better, do you actually win more games tho? I mean do I get a drag test for streaming on twitch live to five people 😛 It usually goes like this, there are no rules against it, some players start taking performance enhancing drugs, more players start taking it, there is made rules about it, someone ignores the rules and does it anyways, drug tests becomes a thing.

I spent 4 years in a shooting gallery. I did everything I could get my hands on. Blow, angel dust, rock, tar, grass, molly, acid, caps, and nutmeg when money was tight. I have even ground up aspirin to do a couple lines of it. If someone was to pass me something I wasn't familiar with, or was too strung out to recognize, I only had 2 questions.

How do I take it?
How long until it kicks in?

I watched a guy I knew die. He was standing up in front of me talking, got a weird look on his face, and was dead before he hit the floor.

I have seen people killed over a gram of blow.

If I was running an eSports team or league, I would make drug tests mandatory. The only exception would be medical marijuana. I have a card for that, and use it for pain and anxiety. But it's rare that I go for that.

Drugs are not something to fuck with. That's 4 years I don't remember and can never get back. I have flashbacks, and they're not pretty.

YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SHIT.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I spent 4 years in a shooting gallery. I did everything I could get my hands on. Blow, angel dust, rock, tar, grass, molly, acid, caps, and nutmeg when money was tight. I have even ground up aspirin to do a couple lines of it. If someone was to pass me something I wasn't familiar with, or was too strung out to recognize, I only had 2 questions.

How do I take it?
How long until it kicks in?

I watched a guy I knew die. He was standing up in front of me talking, got a weird look on his face, and was dead before he hit the floor.

I have seen people killed over a gram of blow.

If I was running an eSports team or league, I would make drug tests mandatory. The only exception would be medical marijuana. I have a card for that, and use it for pain and anxiety. But it's rare that I go for that.

Drugs are not something to fuck with. That's 4 years I don't remember and can never get back. I have flashbacks, and they're not pretty.

YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SHIT.

I'm sorry to hear you went through all of that. I have never touched anything like that myself, cannabis and beer is all I need for me. And I haven't drank a beer in maybe a year or so now.