Register Now
StaceyPowers

Unpopular series installments you love

Dragon Age 2 is my favorite Dragon Age too.

And I loved COD Infinite Warfare.

Ghost Recon Wildlands was not very popular with old school fans of Ghost Recon, yet it is one of my favorite games from recent times.

I also love Deus Ex: Invisible War and Deus Ex Mankind Divided, two from games from the same franchise that are often looked down on.

And Mass Effect Andromeda as well.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, m76 said:

And Mass Effect Andromeda as well.

I concur on this one. I understand the original trilogy was highly beloved, and it would have been nearly impossible for any spin-off game to recapture that lightning in a bottle. While there were certainly things about Andromeda I didn't like, I don't think it was the massive trainwreck everyone treated it like it was, and I actually really enjoyed playing it.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:55 AM, staticradio725 said:

I concur on this one. I understand the original trilogy was highly beloved, and it would have been nearly impossible for any spin-off game to recapture that lightning in a bottle. While there were certainly things about Andromeda I didn't like, I don't think it was the massive trainwreck everyone treated it like it was, and I actually really enjoyed playing it.

I agree that it wasn't quite as captivating as the other but I did enjoy it. That being said, I know EA is going to screw up the remake so I'll just go back to playing Andromeda.

I agree with Bioshock 2, I enjoyed it for the time but the last time I played it I didn't enjoy it as much. I may play the remasted version on PC and see how it fares.

I've recently completed and enjoyed Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. I'm grateful to not have experienced the issues other players have involving hitboxes and detection, and some other issues plaguing the game. Few, if really any, of the other problems players had bothered me. I've enjoyed it, and might even do New Game+ one day, but for the time being I'm playing the other two games which are suiting me just fine.

Edited by Withywarlock

On 2/24/2021 at 12:19 AM, Family sedan said:

I don't know if it was well received or not, but if not, then Twisted Metal 4.  It felt like they gave you the tools to win if you were a decent enough gamer compared to Twisted 2.

Twisted Metal 3 was the unpopular and I'm still confused why it even gets that kind of rating. I mean it was as solid as the other two with a few new additions but it was extremely divisive. 

12 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Twisted 3 was a good game, driving dynamics and vehicle handling left something to be desired, but that could be said of almost any Twisted game.  The graphics didn't seem that bad by late '90's standards.  Yeah, I don't get the unpopularity.

So far, all I've heard from their community is that they hate it - I've yet to get a proper argument as to why they don't like it. It's more or less the same with Final Fantasy 8, it's no worse in any department than FF7 but receives way more hate.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, The Blackangel said:

Zelda II

Most everyone hated it, but I loved it. It was the sole reason that a side scrolling Zelda was never attempted again.

There’s more, but I’m on my phone and it’s a pain to try to type on this thing.

This one for me too.  Also Castlevania 2, Simon's Quest.

23 minutes ago, Steerminator said:

This one for me too.  Also Castlevania 2, Simon's Quest.

As a Castlevania fan, Castlevania 2 isn't the most unpopular on in the franchise, it's Castlevania Judgement but I do have to admit Castlevania 2 went under the radar a bit.