Register Now
StaceyPowers

Unpopular series installments you love

37 minutes ago, Steerminator said:

This one for me too.  Also Castlevania 2, Simon's Quest.

Simon’s Quest is, in my opinion, one of the best in the franchise. I’ve never been able to figure out why it got so much hate. Sure it’s a really difficult game, but it’s more cryptic difficulty than any other kind of difficulty. Which to me is kinda the best style of difficult.

9 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Simon’s Quest is, in my opinion, one of the best in the franchise. I’ve never been able to figure out why it got so much hate. Sure it’s a really difficult game, but it’s more cryptic difficulty than any other kind of difficulty. Which to me is kinda the best style of difficult.

Yeah I agree.  I mean its actually really easy once you know how to get to places and stuff, but still a great game.  I like to joke that its one of the metroidvanias from before metroidvanias existed ('cause it kinda is).

On 2/13/2021 at 12:27 AM, The Blackangel said:

Zelda II

Most everyone hated it, but I loved it. It was the sole reason that a side scrolling Zelda was never attempted again.

There’s more, but I’m on my phone and it’s a pain to try to type on this thing.

I actually never really hated anything about Zelda II. I really enjoyed every single bit of play that I had invested in playing the game.